How do I get value from reusable elements?

I created a reusable element that will act as my header. In my header, I’ve added a dropdown.

On another page that includes the reuseable header element, I want to pull the value from the header’s dropdown on that page. I don’t see the dropdown element listed.

Have the dropdown change a custom-state on the header, then the page can access the header’s custom state. That’s how you get the two layers to talk.

1 Like

Thanks @sridharan.s . I was setting the custom state for the dropdown element and not the header itself.

However, I see that the default value that I’ve set for the dropdown doesn’t load initially when I pull it from the header. How do I set the page to pull the default value from the header without having to refresh the dropdown?

You could have a workflow in the header that, on page load, sets the headers customer state to be equal to the value of the dropdown. And, add a 2nd workflow that when the dropdowns value is changed, it updates the custom states value.

I don’t know what you’re doing with it on the page. You can use conditions to reference the elements value, or you could set a workflow to trigger when the value isn’t empty, etc.

1 Like

Excellent, that worked for me, thank you very much.

1 Like

Great!

@sridharan.s
I’m implementing the same thing. I have put the custom state on header element, but the issue i’m facing is when i chnage the value of dropdown it is not getting updated in cuatom state though i have workflow that when dropdown is hovered change the value of custom state to dropdown’s value.

Is there something i’m missing?

Thank you in advance…

@ethan
Can you explain me how did you pass the value on the page having reusable element.?
I want to implement the same thing. On change of dropdown value i have to pass it to the repeating group. BUt unfortunately when i perform this dropdown is hovered and change the value of a custom state then it’s not getting updated.

What can be the reason?
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you