How does Bubble database work?

Hi,

I’d like to build a MVP and I’m wondering if bubble could fit with my needs :

I need to have 2 type of accounts :

• The first ones would be “users account” and would the mains accounts using features
  • The second type would be for “doctors” just to get some analytics about theirs patient usage.

Is that possible ? (I already looked at the sign up features and I didn’t found the way to customize accounts)

The second point concerns DB, I’ll have a pretty simple DB organisation :

• Folders (Title, Picture, List of “Image”)
  • Image (Tilte, Picture, Usage)
  1. What I’d like is to be able to upload a default DB.
  2. When a user sign up, it clones the default DB and attach it to the account, then the user can custom it (add pictures, remove some, etc …) without modifying the default DB.

Is that possible too ? If not do you know any tools that could help me ?

Thanks a lot !
Alex

Hi @alexandre.boulme.

Yes, it is possible, check this example: https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=index&id=findatrainer&tab=tabs-1

Bubble has the built-in User. What you could do is to create Doctor and Patient, and both data types would have a field User that would refer to a instance of Data Type User.

Regarding your second question, if I understood right, you are talking about how your user is modeled. So, if we’re talking about a Patient, you can set this data type to have all the fields you need. Any time you create a Patient you can just fill in the missing data.

2 Likes

Hi Mario !

Thanks a lo for your help ! With the example I’ll manage to build the acounts I need !

Concerning the second question, my default database might be dynamic so I’m not sure I can create a data type and fill it.

Basically I’d have, entities like this :

• Patient (Users)
  • Folders (List of images)
  • Images

Let’s say I have 3 folders with 3 pictures inside by default :

Default BD:
Folder A : Img 1, Img 2, Img 3
Folder B : Img 4, Img 5, Img 6
Folder A : Img 7, Img 8, Img 9

Each patient may need this own configuration. Example :
Patient A :
Folder A : Img 1, Img2 => (Img3 has been deleted)
Folder B : Img 4, Img 5, Img 6 => No changes
Folder A : Img 7, Img 9, Img 10 => (Img8 has been deleted and Img10 added)

Patient B :
Folder A : Img 1, Img3 => (Img2 has been deleted)
Folder B : Img 4, Img 5, Img 6, Img11 => (Img11 has been added)
Folder A : Img 7 => (Img8 and Img 9 has been deleted)

So if I understand you answer, I should attach to the “Patient User” à list of Folder, copy paste the default DB into the “Folder list” of the User account when it’s created and then let each “Patient” modify it’s list ?

I’m sorry if it’s not very clear, I’m not expert in DB design :confused:
Thanks again for your help !

hey @alexandre.boulme

In my vision what you are referring as default BD is a default set of values for folders. So what you can do is:

1. Create Data Type Folder with Field Name (type text) and a Field Image (list of images)
  2. Create a Field Folder on Patient as a List of Folders.
  3. On the moment of User Sign Up or its creation, add a workflow that will create a Folder with name A, adding Img 1, Img 2, Img 3 to the list of images of this folder. This images will come to a place were you have previously stored them. For example, you can have a Data Type DefaultValues, with a field Folder as a list of Folders and have your default DB values stored there. This also can have the list of images from 1 to 10. So in this workflow were the user is created, you simply create new Folders as copy of the existing default Folders. You will have also to copy the list of items, not just the name.
  4. Give the user an interface were he can see his folders and images with the ability to delete images and insert new ones from a list that will come from the default list of images.

This step by step is assuming you know how to go through them. I’m just here saying it is possible but the execution of course is harder than the explanation. You’ll have more trouble copying from a list of images to another and deleting from a list and inserting items. This is not hard, but it takes some time to understand it. But the whole idea is simple.

1 Like