How extract hashtags from text? and add the hashtag to database?

Hi,

is it possible to extract hashtags from text? and add the hashtag to database?

For this you’ll need to discover the joy of regex. There’s plenty of threads on the forum looking at how it works, a few videos on YouTube, and a very high level entry in the Bubble manual

But the high-level summary is that you can use specific regex statements to extract information from text. Things like hashtags are incredibly simple because all regex needs to do is look for the # and then return whatever is directly after that

This would be the regex statement you’d need to use

Josh @ Support Dept
Helping no-code founders get unstuck fast :rocket:save hours, & ship faster with an expert :man_technologist: on-demand

I post daily about no-code and Bubble on Twitter Follow Support Dept on Twitter

3 Likes

Thank you josh, this is what I been looking for… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I figured out how to extract the hashtag and save it to database, do you know how to extract each hashtag into its own column in the database? as they all saving to same column, like #new, #ideas, etc but I want them in their own ?

Sorry for the late reply, it’s been a busy couple of weeks.

You can use the function ‘split by’ to split the string into individual components. I’m guessing you’d want to set this as a list in one field names hashtags?

Josh @ Support Dept
Helping no-code founders get unstuck fast :rocket:save hours, & ship faster with an expert :man_technologist: on-demand

I post daily about no-code and Bubble on Twitter Follow Support Dept on Twitter

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.