How to figure out 'Modified By' for a Thing?

I need to flag an entry in a RG for a Thing when that Thing has been modified by a specific User ( a user with a specific role) but I don’t see an easy way to detect which user was responsible for updating the Modified Date last.

The best thing I can come up with is to create a field on the Thing called ‘Updated By’ and update this field every time one of the other fields in that Thing (of which there are a lot) is changed. Then I show a flag if the user’s role who updated last matches the role I need.

Any other ideas perhaps?

Was also surprised by the fact that I couldnt find anything regarding this in the forum. Maybe I’m using the wrong search terms…

Bubble only saves Created by automatically, so yes, you’d have to do it like you describe.