How to get users to try your app?

Last post was about sticking with bubble or paying someone to code it and I’ve decided to stick with Bubble for now.

Next step is to try and get some users to use my app, looking at free, becuase well a free user is better than no user and should make it easier to get paid users in the future.

This is where I’m failing. How did you get your first users to an app? We got a podcast planning app and I’m getting nowhere with outreach so far. Just looking for tips on what actually worked for others.

Thanks!

Previous post was here: Seeking Advice: Scaling My MVP on Bubble vs. Traditional App Development - Entrepreneurship - Bubble Forum

Budget free:

1. Your own network.
  2. Discord channels related to your startup.
  3. Reddit channels related to your startup.
  4. Q&A , Tematics forums

In your case, I would try the things above and also, collaborate with people who do podcasts.
From my own experience, it was a collaboration with specific influencers.

2 Likes

Thanks Eugene, I’ve been focusing on LinkedIn and Facebook, hadn’t thought of Discord or Reddit. Never heard of Tematics before.

This can’t be answered effectively without knowing your niche or user avatar

2 Likes

Businesses that are podcasting.

Still need to know more about the product and what stage the user is at for your product to be useful to them. If you have an ideal customer avatar, please share it. If not then you need to make one.

One of the most successful marketing methods I’ve used for the stage you’re at is using builtwith to identify potential customers then mass cold emailing them. (This won’t be the successful part, this will appear to fail. It hasn’t though)

In your case you’ll get lists for things such as “using wix podcasting plugin”

That’s gonna be about 100k people. Your reply/convert to signup rate will expectedly be very low.

Where this succeeds is all these cold emails need to have GTM/fb pixel. When they open you’ll likely get their advertising fingerprint and ability to start retargeting.

For a few hundred dollars you can now retarget these people with brand trust builders and a free lifetime offer. Depending how the email portion goes you can typically see about 0.2-1% of that initial cold list convert to free users.

We’ve done launches similar to this in the past that have acquired 1800 free users for under $400 in 2 weeks.

This works really well but keeping out of spam on the initial email is the hard part. It’s about making your brand seem as big as possible to a select targeted group of individuals.

1 Like

Still waiting on that user avatar

Re: @chris.williamson1996

1 Like

AI to the rescue:

Updated Customer Avatar for PodPro: “The Collaborative Podcaster”

1. Demographic Information:

• Age Range: 25-50 years old
  • Education Level: College-educated, possibly with backgrounds in Communication, Business, or Media
  • Occupation: Podcast hosts, content creators, or marketing professionals in small to medium-sized businesses

2. Business and Podcasting Background:

• Type of Business: Could range across various sectors, with a focus on those that value content marketing and community engagement
  • Role in Business: Likely involved in marketing, content creation, or brand management
  • Podcasting Experience: Actively running a podcast or in the planning stages, with a clear understanding of podcasting’s role in their marketing strategy

3. Podcasting Goals and Challenges:

• Goals: To streamline the podcast production process, enhance collaboration with team members and guests, and maintain a consistent publishing schedule
  • Challenges: Managing multiple aspects of podcast production, coordinating with co-hosts and guests, and keeping episodes structured and on-topic

4. Pain Points:

• Collaboration Issues: Difficulty in effectively coordinating with team members and guests
  • Organization: Challenges in organizing and tracking upcoming episodes and guest appearances
  • Content Planning: Need for a systematic approach to plan and structure podcast episodes

5. Aspirations and Values:

• Efficient Collaboration: Desires a seamless way to collaborate with co-hosts and guests
  • Structured Workflow: Looks for tools to help organize and plan podcast content effectively
  • Professionalism: Aims to produce well-structured, engaging, and timely content

6. Media and Shopping Habits:

• Social Media Platforms: Active on platforms like LinkedIn, Twitter, and industry-specific forums
  • Content Consumption: Engages with content about podcasting best practices, collaboration tools, and productivity
  • Purchasing Behavior: Prefers tools that integrate easily into their existing podcasting setup and offer clear, demonstrable benefits

7. Decision-Making Process:

• Solution-Oriented: Seeks specific solutions to enhance podcast production efficiency
  • Peer Recommendations: Influenced by what other podcasters and industry professionals use

8. How PodPro Can Appeal:

• Emphasizing the app’s features for collaborative planning and guest tracking
  • Highlighting the ease of creating structured episode outlines and teleprompter guides
  • Showcasing how PodPro streamlines the production process, saving time and effort
  • Demonstrating the app’s utility in maintaining consistency and quality in podcast content

Hold people’s children for ransom

I love kids too much…If i took em, ain’t no way I’m giving them back. But maybe, after they sign up, i send them back a puppy instead. People love puppies right?

as long as the puppies are cute, i doubt they’ll notice!

1 Like