Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

How to populate MySQL using a CSV

Hi.

In my app, the administrator user has to do an initial setup that populates the database (MySQL). As the volume of data is large, it’s needed to be done by uploading a CSV file.

I’m able to upload the CSV file and even create new things on Bubble database, but I need to read each of these things and populate my MySql database.

Any of you have done something like this before? Could you help me?

Does this help? Exporting database to external Postgres database

As far as I understood, it isn’t the same case.

In my case, I don’t need to keep a Bubble database. The best case would be:

Upload CSV

Read first register
Create it on MySQL

Read second register
Create it on MySQL

And so on…

When I wrote: “I’m able to upload the CSV file and even create new things on Bubble database, but I need to read each of these things and populate my MySql database.” I meant I’m creating those registers on Bubble database only temporarily as a step so I can put them in MySQL. Best would be straight from CSV to MySQL.

In my opinion, Bubble isn’t your best option for this task.

If the CSV doesn’t match the database’s format needed for direct import, you could either transform it into a format that works, or write a script to import the rows using something like javascript, python, ruby or perl.

Edit - Have a look at MySQL Workbench, it has a Table Data Import utility.

1 Like

> If the CSV doesn’t match the database’s format needed for direct import, you could either transform it into a format that works, or write a script to import the rows using something like javascript, python, ruby or perl.
I’ll try something like this.

> Edit - Have a look at MySQL Workbench, it has a Table Data Import utility.
I’m doing it, but it can be the solution for final user.

Thanks anyway.

Oh, I thought this was a one-off load.

If you want to script it for a user, perhaps a PHP page would be easiest.