How to print multiple PDF pages with page breaks

Hey all,

Just dropping a tip here for future searchers.

I have a project where I have to print multiple diplomas. I’m using the SelectPDF plugin (the official Bubble one). Each diploma prints on a standard letter sized page (8.5 inches x 11 inches)

Here’s how I got it to work:

1. Create an empty responsive page. I don’t think the layout matters, so long as it isn’t fixed. I used align to parent.
  2. Drop in a repeating group as the only top level element on the page. Make the repeating group a fixed width 1024 pixels wide.
  3. Drop in a group in the repeating group. Very important: the cell layout needs to be column and the height needs to be a fixed height of 1324 pixels (sooo much nudging to find this out). Well, maybe other alignments will work, but I know align-to-parent does not work, despite how it renders in your browser.
  4. Put some fancy stuff in there What you are trying to do is get the responsive engine to fill the space automatically. Here are a couple screen shots of what my structure looks like. The text “Parent group’s Registration…” is a text element that does not have “Fit height to content” checked. The Group top and Group bottom are just space-between layout rows.

1. When you use the SelectPDF plugin, make sure you select Letter as the page size and zero margins.

Then you’ll get this as a result:

Hope it helps someone else out there.

5 Likes