How to scroll to an item inside a RG

I have a “database” that comes from a Google Sheet. It has an undetermined number of rows since I plan to update the sheet constantly, so using a Repeating Group really comes in handy to show the database in a way that should be easy to see and manipulate.

From the database I have two values that I need to interact to. The first one is a column with string items (some of them are duplicates). I have a Dropdown list which perfectly lists every item on it without duplicates, so that’s perfect.

Secondly, for every unique item in the string column I have an numerical column that contains an “index” for them that always starts at 1 and keeps increasing by 1 (again, restricted to the unique item).

I expect the Dropdown to be used to select a string and then scroll immediately to that same item in the index 1. This is something I haven’t been able to accomplish.

Then I also have “Back” and “Next” buttons that I also need them to scroll to the same item as before in the next or previous index (like going to index+1 for the next button and index-1 for the back button.

The problem is that I’ve been trying to choose the column inside the Repeating Group but it simply seems impossible for some reason. I end up having something like this after following the possible options:
Entry to Scroll to: RG Table - 's List of GSheet’s - :each item’s StringColumn - :first item - is - This DropDown - 's value - formatted as text-…
and the selection is never ending.

I don’t understand why I can’t just choose something that makes StringColumn match the selected item in the DropDown.

I would really appreciate your help.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.