How to send notification to chat user

Hi there,

I have been creating the messaging app. Going good I guess. But I run in to this problem that when I

The problem when 2 users are in the same chat page:

User X (currently logged in user) sends a message to User Y. It sends the notification to the same logged in user (User X) which is the current user. (not good)

When User Y is logged in and send a message to User X. It send the notification to user Y… which is the same user that has send the message.

So when Debbie send a message to Zairo > Debbie receives notification ´Debbie has sent you a message´… This notification has to go to Zairo. … Zairo doesn’t receive any notification… when Debbie send a message.

But when Zairo send a message to Debbie… > Debbie receives the notification… ´Zairo has sent you a message´This is correct

Can anyone help me?

I think this is your issue. The Chat Creator gets the noti instead of any real recipient.

Ah oke so how can I solve this?

Try using Result of step 1’s Recipient

Did now current situation: When Debbie sent message to Zairo > Notification is send to Debbie still
Zairo sent message to Debbie > Notification is send to Zairo

so they are still sending notifications to theirselves

I solved this one on my own! Im very happy! Here are some images if someone else heads in to this problem!

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.