How to show a count of only *Visible* Repeating group items

Hey everyone,

I’m trying to do a calculation of a repeating group’s visible items.

Because I have items with many tags, I’d like to limit to just 4 and then show a “+3” or another number after the repeating group.

What I’ve tried that didn’t work:

current items list of tags - repeating groups tags count

An example:

On desktop there are a max of 4 tags. So if the item has 5 tags, but only 4 are visible, then the box should say “+1”

And if there are 2 visible tags, it would say “+3”

It’s difficult to determine exactly what you’re looking to do based on the synopsis but I might suggest look at @gaurav BDK Repeating Group Plugin … I use it for something I believe which is similar to what you might be aiming for… worth a try. Check out the examples he provides as part of the demo and you’ll see what I mean

2 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines and actually had the same question as I need to put something similar together based on visible cells of a RG.

It sounds like this plugin would do the trick:

Element Detect: Trigger workflows when an element is seen / no longer seen by user everytime or the first time

Could use a use a workflow to change the state (or perhaps data type).

Would this work @gaurav - thanks in advance.

1 Like

Thanks @Bubbleboy and @luke2 !!

The repeating group tools (bdk) plugin would be ideal for these types of things @joe5. You wouldn’t even need to run a workflow action to do all of this :smiley: Check out the plugin docs @ thebdk.com

1 Like

Hey @gaurav! I’m still having some trouble.

Just so everyone knows, this is actually a new little feature I want to add for NuCode.co :slight_smile:

I did just buy the repeating group tool as you mentioned, but guess I should’ve looked through the docs beforehand to make sure.

For this setup I need to have the “+0” boxes show the number of tools that specific product is built with:

For example, Taas Agency on the top is built with 1 additional tool than the 4 shown, so that would say “+1” instead. And as users are on mobile, it might show 2 tool tags, and then have a “+3”. The 2 visible tool tags + 3 other tags would be the 5 tools it is built with.

1 Like

So this would be super easy with RepeatingGroup tools plugin.
The output of the element will only be generated for the cells that are visible.
So you can subtract the :count of output with the total number of tools you have, and set that as the +X number :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.