Making elements in a repeating group visible after hiding

I have created a repeating group that has a group in each cell, with a text input in each cell. When input is changed the group parenting the input is set to hide.

The visual outcome is that after filling in each input and pressing enter it disappears leaving you with the empty inputs only.

I need a way to make all the hidden inputs (or groups in this case) visible again after all the inputs have now been hidden in each cell.

Any help will be appreciated.

How did you get it to hide?

If you used workflows and selected “hide element” then just select “show element”

if you used conditionals set to “is visible” then just set to “isn’t visible”

Thanks for the response @boston85719

At workflow level it seems that bubble is unable to firstly identify with an element inside a repeating group, unless it is an input being changed.

so i can instruct action in reference to an input value changing, but if there isn’t any input value change- i cant even see the element/group in the options. I can only see the repeating group x.

Also if i do eventually win on that, bubble seems to only identify with the element in the cell with either a click or an input change in it. How do i specify in which cell of the RG the element/group i need to show is in?

In this screen shot look at the element ID attribute at the bottom of the element editor. I have static and dynamic data…the dynamic data is the current cell’s index…each cell of an R.G. as an index number representing the order or cell it is in.

Then if a user clicks on the warning group ( which is in the repeating group ) I use a workflow

The above is just getting me the cells index number stored in a custom state so I can use it in the JS action in the second step

This is basically hiding the warning group of a particular cell index value.

This method requires a user click in the repeating group cell and there are other more straightforward way to achieve that without JS…however you could find another way to grab the current cells index value from outside of the repeating group that you need to target and use this.

Alternatively, the best way is to buy the env variable plugin from BDK…it is $16 and I am very happy I bought it as it has allowed me to do a lot of stuff bubble wouldn’t be able to do otherwise.

Env variable basically saves data and allows you to trigger workflows when that data gets changed. It also allows different env variables to communicate…so you put one in the repeating group and one on the page and they can communicate and exchange the data.

It is very useful. I use it a lot now. Currently I am using it to set up multistep forms…first I create a single step of the form in a reusable element, place the env variable in it so that when I place all the separate steps ( reusable elements ) onto a single page I can have each communicate as data changes because each has an env variable element as does the page.

It is one of three plugins I have bought and I have recommended it on the forum over a half dozen times since buying about 3 months ago…mostly in threads on getting elements in R.G.s to do stuff from outside the R.G.

1 Like

Yep! Can’t do it. However, an element inside a RG can easily reference an element outside the repeating group.

Let’s keep this simple. All you need is:

1. A custom state that is a list of numbers
  2. A condition on your parent group that references the custom state
  3. A workflow or two but you need those anyway soooo…

Check it out!

Gray is a containing group. Not necessary but, heck, groups are FREE!
Blue is the repeating group
Orange is the inputs parent group that we will be hiding.
White is the input :face_with_monocle:
The buttons are self explanatory

First, we create a custom state that’s a list of numbers…

Next, we put a condition on the group we want to hide that says, “When the custom state ‘hide inputs’ contains current cells index, this element is visible… NOPE”

Now, when the ENTER button is clicked, let’s add the current cell’s index number to that custom state.

And we want to show them all again so let’s clear out all those pesky numbers from the custom state when the SHOW ALL INPUTS button is clicked.

Badabing! It is that simple. Lookie here!

How about that ugly repeating group, eh?

5 Likes

This helped an awful lot! I mostly applied this to other things Iv’e been struggling to get right.
Thanks!

Works perfectly! I also figured out a way to trigger the “show all” with a condition instead of a button click. This would have taken me AGES to figure out without your help!
And thanks for the added humor too :rofl:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.