How to verify user's work email address?

Hello all,

I am building an app, and I need to verify users’ work (or company) email addresses by sending a confirmation email to them. I know how a user’s default email address can be verified/confirmed. But I have added another column, Work email in User data type, apart from the default existing column email. And ‘work email’ column values will be populated by an input where users enter their work email addresses. So I want to verify it by sending a confirmation email to that email address. Is there any way to do that in Bubble? Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Like

Yes. In your workflow use “Send email” and set the email to the user’s work email field.

1 Like

Hi @telaholcomb,

Thank you for your reply. I have two follow-up questions:

1. How can I add the email confirmation link within the email? Any idea where I can find that link Bubble provides in the default email confirmation email?
  2. How can I verify that the work email address entered by the user is really a work (or business) email address but not a personal email address? Is there any plugin or API to do that?

Thanks,
Bharath

1 Like

Hi Barath,

I am unsure about any API to check if an email is a work email address but one option is to set a conditional on the “Send” button where you disable it if the email field contains "@hotmail, @gmail, @yahoo, @gmx, @protonemail etc and show a notification letting the customer know they need to use a work email.

Thank you @rlslimited, that’s a good idea. I will try that. Also, any idea how to include the confirmation link in the verification email sent to the user’s work email?

Hi @rlslimited, any idea where I can find all personal email domain names like @gmail, @hotmail, etc. like you have mentioned. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.