I built a screen recorder for making better Bubble app demos

Hey Bubble community :waving_hand:

I’ve been building Screen Mouse Recorder, a Chrome extension that I originally made because I needed a better way to record product demos and walkthroughs.

If you build with Bubble, you probably know the process:

Build something β†’ record it β†’ realize the cursor is hard to follow β†’ edit the video β†’ add some text/music β†’ export β†’ upload it somewhere β†’ send the link.

I wanted to make that whole process a little simpler.

Screen Mouse Recorder focuses a lot on the mouse and screen movement, so things like cursor effects, clicks and zooms are easier to follow.

It also has a built-in editor where you can:

  • Trim and split recordings
  • Add titles/text
  • Add background music
  • Change the background
  • Adjust padding and framing
  • Use 16:9, 1:1 or 9:16 formats
  • Export to MP4
  • Share the finished video

There’s also cloud storage and shareable links with Pro.

I think it could be useful for Bubble developers when:

β€’ Sending a new feature to a client
β€’ Showing an MVP to a potential customer
β€’ Recording a bug or workflow
β€’ Creating a product demo
β€’ Making a quick tutorial
β€’ Sharing a new Bubble app on social media

I’m the developer behind it, so this is definitely a product showcase β€” but I’d genuinely like feedback from other Bubble developers.

What do you currently use to record and present your Bubble apps to clients?

And if you want to try it: