I need help understanding this error from CloudConvert API

I am an absolute beginner with anything API so I’ve been trying to get some idea how it all works.

I’m testing a simple API call, which I first ran on postman.co and the request went through without any issues. But when I try to do the same in API Connector, initializing the call keeps failing with the following “invalid data”-error:

Raw response for the API
Status code 422
{“message”:“The given data was invalid.”,“code”:“INVALID_DATA”,“errors”:{“tasks”:[“The tasks field is required.”]}}

Since it works with Postman I assume I’m doing something wrong within API Connector. But after hours of trial&error and googling I still can’t figure out the exact problem. I was hoping that someone here might be able to give me some pointers?

This is the body I’m trying to send, following the CC documentation:

{
    "tasks": {
        "import-1": {
            "operation": "import/url",
            "url": "https://pawspin.bubbleapps.io/version-test/fileupload/box/921716867321/test-audio.wav"
        },
        "task-1": {
            "operation": "convert",
            "input_format": "wav",
            "output_format": "mp3",
            "engine": "ffmpeg",
            "input": [
                "import-1"
            ],
            "audio_codec": "mp3",
            "audio_qscale": 0
        },
        "export-1": {
            "operation": "export/url",
            "input": [
                "task-1"
            ],
            "inline": false,
            "archive_multiple_files": false
        }
    },
    "tag": "testing"
}

And these are my settings in API Connector:

I’d recommend you create the CloudConvert API call in cURL form and then import the cURL command through Bubble’s interface. In the API Connector there’s a tiny link that says “import another call from cURL.”

Your cURL command should look something like

$ curl -X POST "https://api.cloudconvert.com/v2/jobs" \
    -H "Authorization: Bearer API_KEY" \
    -H "Content-type: application/json" \
    -d '{}'

Thank you so much for your response. I didn’t notice that tiny link before., but using the cURL command, the call now initialized smoothly. I suppose it was the just content-type missing in the header.

1 Like

@actorius I am struggling to setup my cloudconvert API. Can I perhaps send u screenshots of my setup so that you could point out where I am going wrong?

Send screenshot @phrase9 and we can help. Did you set content type header?

I did yes. I will DM you some screenshots in about an hour when I am back at my pc. Thanks so much

1 Like

Hi there! Just wondering if you managed to get the CloudConvert API working? I am experiencing some difficulties and am wondering if you could help :slight_smile: