Instagram API configure

Is there any guide or video on how to configure and use the Instagram API by Bubble? I want to pull basic profile info of users like name, number of followers. I made an FB developers account, added an app, generated client id and secret. Also added an instagram test user. But i am unable to connect it all. Is there any step by step guide to do this? I am receiving the following error:

error

FB developers:

Instagram plugin:

same problem here!! @nl.lorenz @klaas.vanhoeck1 just curious how you guys found the solution? Thanks a lot !!!

I have made a tutorial. I hope this is helpful

3 Likes

Hi Klaas, Thanks a lot for the tutorial. I am thinking about login (authorize) with instagram. I dont actually need all the information. Just curious if you have found a way to log users in with instagram? Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Then you would need to use the Insta API, but I can’t help with that. I made my tutorial due to frustration of the bad Insta API.

yes, it is not very straight forward :frowning: there is no a lot documentation about this… Anyway thanks a lot for the help tho :slight_smile:

Are you trying to use Instagram to login to Bubble … or log in to Bubble and then link to Insta ?

use Instagram to login to my site. Like a fb/google login.

I tried to use both Instagram plugin from bubble and Instagram Basic plugin.

For the bubble instagram plugin, i got the “error_message”: “Invalid scope: []”,

For the Instagram Basic plugin i got the same thing if I dont use the test user. If I used test user, I can only get the Id (no the user’s email and username).

I’m trying to allow users to login to my site with instagram and then I could get username and profile’s image. What is your take on this?

Thanks a ton :slight_smile:

Trying to pull information of a user during the signup process. So during the signup process a user while filling the signup form will click on instagram and sign in. This is only for pulling information on his/her account. Not using it as a signup option.

OK. You could look at Pathfix | OAuth Integration Platform which seems to be getting some positive Bubble vibes.

Haven’t used it yet. I have a few approved FB dev apps, so will look at how those plugins work for me.

2 Likes

Will check that out. Thank you :smiley: :+1:t3:

Hey @heischen,

Same issue here. Have you found a solution?

Thanks a lot!

I’ve got the same thing for the Instagram Basic plugin if I don’t use a test user. If I’ve used the test user, I can only get the ID (not the user’s email and username).

same problem

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to figure out the same thing. Signing up with a Instagram plugin and the retrieving information. The pathfix app works for business profiles or your own, however does not other users signup with their individual accounts. Anybody solved this?

Best,
Colin

Hi eveyone! I finally got this figured out. The https://pathfix.com/ integration works fine, if you want to connect an business account to your web page. However if you want to enable several users to register /connect to your webpage, you best use the api connector. This video really helped me to get this started: OAuth 2.0 Explained | Bubble.io API Tutorial Part 06 - YouTube

It needs you to take 3 steps:

1. register as a facebook developer and install the basic display api ( Medien - Instagram-Plattform (facebook.com)=
  2. setup API calls through the Api connector
  3. Upload a screencast on the FB developer page in order to set it to live.

Best,
Colin

1 Like