🌈 Instagram Graph Plugin

It won’t allow me to add myself as a test user…

@Taiheta

go to roles/roles thats where you can add ig testers

I added myself as a test user. I was in the wrong section.

@Taiheta I don’t know where else i’m going wrong tho.

send me dm

@Taiheta It says that your profile is hidden from public

oh… try again now

Hi Taiheta,

I wanted to use first an RG with type Users, Then grab the Instagram data entity or the InstagramGraph :rainbow: entity but both don’t contain a lot of info and both datatypes are empty.
Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 17.29.37 Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 17.29.27

I think it is something with an RG with type User and then do an API call, but the access token refreshes each time so I can’t save it.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I’m building an anonymous questions web app, do you know how users who are logged in on Instagram can post to their Instagram stories?

If it is a mobile application, it is written that it can already be used with the official API, but
I don’t know if it can be done with a web application, so if anyone knows, please let me know.

Hi there,

I have some issues with the access token refreshing. Isn’t plugin automatically refresh token, and I should do something to prolong it?
Cuz, I’m experiencing an error when trying to fetch IG data after some time - http://prntscr.com/scgfsb.
Or maybe it’s a matter of the fact that I’m using a tester account, and my Facebook\Instagram app didn’t pass the verification process yet?
Has anyone encountered such a problem?

Hey @andrew.kruk as we discussed in private you are using ig basic which is different to this plugin, I will provide a solution for you later tonight/tomorrow.

@klaas.vanhoeck1 With this plugin there is no issue with accesstokens expiring if you call it each time.

If you find any performance issues with that let me know and I will add the call for exchanging to long lived and refreshing long lived, but its a bit of a headache to manage yourself.

@masayuki-fukuyoshi unfortunately instagram api doesnt allow that for web apps, it’s only ios and android apps that can. Try contacting Facebook to ask for them to implement.
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/instagram/sharing-to-stories#overview

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation, but in your example your viewing the data from the current user.
So if you make a text field with IGBusiness_id you see the business_id of the user that is logged in (let him be user A). In my use case I want user B (which searches for IG profiles) to see a RG with profile cards of several users ( including user A). Is this possible to make the RG with calls to the API with user’s A access token to get his profile pic for example and show it to user B.

Another approach that I am considering is storing the data that I want to display of each user in a separate datafield and update it every time he comes online.

Thanks for the plugin!

Thanks, Taiheta
You’re awesome!

1 Like

So for that scenario save the useraccountid in your database and do a search for that in repeating group while still using the current users accesstoken method described in the video. You dont need the specific users access token to view their profile, any accesstoken will allow you to look up any profile/post with some exceptions.

Youre welcome :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

But the user viewing the profiles also need to be connected to instagram?

Can this be used to create a web app like linkin.bio? Where it shows all posts from an instagram account and the user can assign links to each post.

hi sure