Internal Bubble Page re-direct

I will try this! Thank you!

Hello @NigelG,

Iā€™m trying to implement this solution but I donā€™t understand, Iā€™m confused:

for example, I donā€™t understand which parameter should I send of my item, then how the ā€œget from pathā€ works to get back the item in the page (no documentation), then I donā€™t understand how this should shrink the urlā€¦

could you please give me a slower walk-through?

I would really appreciate that
Thanks!

Actually I think Iā€™m starting to succeedā€¦ but there is one inconvenient I found in this method:

I can call the datas I want, in a group on the page, but I cannot tell ā€œthe pageā€ to be based on that dataā€¦

this is a big restriction to determine accurate title and description for SEO, as this two can be referred only to ā€œcurrent page itemā€ and ā€œcurrent userā€

So on page load, when you read in the parameter, you can then store the thing on the User. So you can use it in the OG tags.

Ah ok, you mean saving the data on the userā€¦ but this way I waste one workflow per page loadā€¦Any idea on how to avoid it?

You could set a pageā€™s content type to be a thing. Then see if you can extract the parameter, then do a navigation to the same page with the page thing. Although that will go from the www.yoursite/yourpage/thething simpler URL to one with the UID on the end.

mmmā€¦ actually Iā€™m trying to make the url short for SEO purposesā€¦ adding redirection and finding me anyway in the page with ID, or not being able to set the SEO tags is a dog biting his tailā€¦ Maybe it is worth it to ask for the feature to be able to set SEO description and SEO title more dynamically, as we can do with page title (with a search for exampleā€¦)?

2 Likes

Where exactly do I add the ā€œget pathā€ in order to get the /user/charlie instead of the crazy unique ID?

Down at the bottom of the list of options ā€¦

and I just put this on any object on the page?

I donā€™t know what you are trying to do, so canā€™t comment on where you want to put this.

But most likely you want do it on Page Load workflow.

So set a custom state on page load, that pulls in the path, searches for whatever thing it is you are after, and then sets the state to the thing you have just found.

1 Like

If I pay you, would you be open to taking a look at what Iā€™m doing and maybe walking me through it?

-Dave

The best way to get help is to change your app to be Public, that way we can help directly.

Once sorted you can flip it back to provate again.

1 Like

Hey thanks! Sorry, I just saw thisā€¦ My app is public right now, how can I share access to you?

I am a bit lost now :slight_smile:

Haha sorry, I need help creating ā€œclean linksā€ for user profilesā€¦ i.e. Take the giant personal id number at the end of the url and make it just the users username or similarā€¦ Or have redirects be created that send the user to the page.

You had said the best way for you to show me would be to make my app publicā€¦ Which it now isā€¦ How can I give you access?

Just need the name of your app. Either PM or here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there any examples of the workflows to achieve this? Im trying to create clean urls for members using their usernames and im lost

Hey @jynx2234, there are a lot of different discussions of this in the forums that might be helpful including this recent one:

and this post reply from me where I walk through an approach in great detail as well:

Showing IP Address for individual User Pages - #5 by keith

1 Like