Introducing: Build Contests

None of those are “native” components, but I understand what you’re getting at @mghatiya. Unfortunately, Bubble isn’t particularly good for that sort of thing, so it’d be a bad showcase. There’s a lot you can build in vanilla Bubble with acceptable performance, but any interface component involving arrays is not one of them.

This is great @sam.morgan and just in time for the Bubble Bootcamp Refcode is launching which will actually quite heavily feature the To Do list application. I have already crafted some assignments to have students enhance the To Do list, but this can be a great way for some students to go above and beyond!

(This wasn’t partially inspired by my bug report was it? :wink:)

Make next month’s be about the clone tutorials! We’re using that for the Bootcamp in-person portion.

The idea was rated at the right time for my new developers’ team.
Does the Plugin or JavaScript tool have any limitations?
It would be wonderful if there were a software certificate with a bubble exam for developers in the future.

2 Likes

Bubble Academy

1 Like

Great idea and I really like the initiative. Any constraints on plugins / additional javascript functionality? Where should we submit the final app to?

Right here in this thread, @christian.gh.erb.

By the way, Keith, you named my new development agency. You in? Not sure the site is ready for prime time, though… it just feels like it might be missing something. What do you think?

7 Likes

Your assumption is that I’m not already a web developer… Pretty big assumption there Keith.

What’s the prize?

Bubble swag… and the adoration of tens, hundreds, or maybe even thousands of forum goers, of course.

2 Likes

It’s missing A BIG BLUE BUTTON!

6 Likes

nice!!

Please add AI-integration to the requirements, I refuse to take part without it!

4 Likes

Nice incentive @bubble

Looking forward to seeing some amazing works :slight_smile:

Have fun everyone!

Swag consideration request…NYC Pizza on dry ice shipped.

Hey I like vanilla Bubble and spicy Bubble! :innocent:

2 Likes

I’m curious how the new app creation component is. With the free version doesn’t support APIs, scheduled workflows, or recurring workflows, are those not to be included in the contest?

You shouldn’t need any of those features for this specific build! But its a really great point to raise for future sets of parameters. We’ll make sure to figure out a way to make sure people can satisfy the requirements of any particular contest without needing to upgrade.

2 Likes

Yeah. Hell yeah. Not even changin’ the default button name.

2 Likes

hi Sam,
it is a great idea for Bubble’s marketing.

Regarding prize money.
I know many great bubblers making upwards of 80 an hour so just some swag does not sound all too alluring given the time cost to win is probably 5+ hours plus and the certainty of winning is 5% at best.

What would I suggest? Swag plus forum badge plus a year of bubble professional plan paid for by bubble for the winner.

[Meanwhile I have marketed bubble for 4 years on youtube, twitter and at meetups and never received any swag]

12 Likes