Introducing TheirLabel: domain name white-labeling for Bubble

@zelus_pudding , makes sense, will check it out. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @zelus_pudding, I’ve gotten the plugin to create the subdomains however I’m not able to figure out how to get it to show data for that specific subdomain on a page. All I get is the subdomain.domain.co/null. I do have it set to Allow all iFrames. Can you please point me to a resource that would show me how to do that? Thank you!

Mike - I do apologize for the delay here. My hope is to follow up with you this evening but no later than tomorrow morning. Typically I would point you to the bubble editor for the TheirLabel demo which shows how to do this (specifically this page), but I notice that there is currently an issue with the whitelabel. I think this is related to some housekeeping I did in Netlify last week where I may have accidentally deleted whitelabels. So I need to fix that this evening to clearly and easily show you what you may need to do. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you and no worries.

I’ve gotten further. I’ve been looking at the features request page and set up my page the same way but it wasn’t until I delved further into the URL that helped me get further.

Do you mind a suggestion on expanding the instructions?

In the provision section item 1.

1. The Bubble URL to be white-labeled. The URL must contain the following; the domain, the page you want them to be directed to - even if it is the index page, and the unique ID of the customer or item you want them to see.

I still have some things to set up but I have noticed the Page Title says White Label at the moment instead of what I set it to.

Overall it was pretty easy to get to work. With some more tweaks to the instructions, I think it will be faster for others to get working.

Thank you for your time and effort. I appreciate all the time you must’ve invested.

Hi Andrew @zelus_pudding ,
I noticed that the Page Title now works. I also figured out that the favicon has to be hosted on Bubble’s s3. I was trying it with a Dropbox link. I was excited to see this working however now my trick for getting the white-label domain to go to a page doesn’t work. The iframe source now says https://subdomain.domain.co/?undefined. Can you please let me know how I’m supposed to input the URL of the Bubble app?
Thank you!

@zelus_pudding Any update on this?

hmm. Guess I shouldn’t have bought this.

Mike,
As a token of my sincerest apology, I would be happy to personally give you a full refund on your purchase of theirlabel if you like (the Bubble platform does not natively allow this but I can send you money via paypall or similar). Alternatively, I can hop on call with you for about 20 minutes for a one on one going through your questions. My intention with this plugin is to be able to provide free support as I can but lately my paid engagements have required the best of me. Please let me know and I apologize again.

1 Like

I believe I’ve found our issue - has to do with the fact that Bubble apps are served via cloudflare which now have incompatibilities with serving white labelled sites over https using TrueCrypt certificates issued from Netlify. Am investigating a solution. @mikreative will be sending your refund this afternoon.

1 Like

Interesting. Let me know what you come up with. If you want to hang onto the money until then feel free. Thank you.

2 Likes

I have updated TheirLabel enough to require bumping it to2.0 (meaning that upgrading to this version will require updating the calls where it’s used). Plugins that upgrade major versions like this require a manual review from the Bubble team (this is a process their engineering team uses to keep the plugin ecosystem savory). Nothing out of the ordinary:

Fortunately, once Bubble approves this update, those upgrading will only need to make a few straightforward changes. I have to update the documentation to reflect this and will be doing so over the next two days. The crux of it is that any actions that use the output of the Provision A WhiteLabel action need to be updated to capture that information by first accessing it from the body thing of the response. To illustrate, the action’s resulting site_id thing (below) used to be accessed directly in pre 2.0 versions. As of 2.0 it now needs be accessed from body > site_id
image.

This change also allows us to capture and handle errors. For example, say a Delete a WhiteLabel action fails for some unknown reason (network issues). Instead of the plugin just failing and alerting without any way to suppress or handle that error, we can now check for the error code thing, run a pause action if the error returned a 404, then try to Delete a WhiteLabel again. More details on that in the next few days.

In any case, the theirlabel demo is up and functioning as expected. All this without needing to make any further changes within Netlify. Until I update the docs, a more detailed explanation of what’s changed and how to structure your application with TheirLabel can be found by consulting the official demo’s editor (which is already using the latest version).

Thank you for your patience :slight_smile:

Hello all, just a quick update - the TheirLabel Plugin upgrade is still pending review.

I will circle back and notify once that is available and I’ve finished bringing our documentation up to date. Thanks

**UPDATE: Theirlabel’s latest update has been approved and is now available!

Badass!

1 Like

Hi

Great Plugin. Quick question we are building SAAS application where client needs to have subdomain like
client1.xyz.com and client2.xyz.com have installed the plugin and confiqure the CNAME and domain have been pointed to 104.198.14.52

However have following queries

how subdomain will be created automatially with client1.xyz.com as not able to find the workflow under demo editor

Just wondering whether above requirement can be fullfill or not.

I’m happy to see that you are working on this. I keep getting this error:

The plugin TheirLabel: white labelled domains / element Their Label Validate threw the following error: TypeError: Failed to construct ‘URL’: Invalid URL
at prepare_url_bubble (PLUGIN_TheirLabel–white-labelled-domains-update–Their-Label-Validate-.js:9:24)
at eval (PLUGIN_TheirLabel–white-labelled-domains-update–Their-Label-Validate-.js:58:19) (please report this to the plugin author)
It even throws it on your page. Any ideas?
Thank you!

It doesn’t really seem to affect anything though so not sure it is important.

Hmm, that’s strange. I never got that while testing / launching the demo update. Will be looking into it here soon. Otherwise, how are other aspects of the app working for you? I remember you had another but and am wondering if the latest updated fixed that?

This functionality you’re asking for is precisely what theirlabel was created to achieve. The action you’re looking for is called “Provision A Whitelabel”. The subdomain (or whichever domain is of interest) is entered in it’s custom_domain field as shown below:

For more information, the manual also shows a guided step by step for provisioning and managing whitelabels. Let me know how it goes!

Most of it seems to be working pretty well (I have some more testing to do before I say “Great!”).
In your demo Bubble page, in the database Whitelabels table, you only have the site_id field. During the TheirLabel - Update it is updating site_url, favicon_url, and page_title. I’ve added these fields to my database however they don’t write anything to the table. They do seem to update on your end since they show up on the resulting page. Is there a way it can write to the Whitelabels table so I can pull them into an admin page? For now, I’ve done a regular update a thing.

Did a bunch of testing. The provisioning in Netlify works great.
I’m having a couple of challenges:

1. The white-labeled page doesn’t show anything - i’ve included the Network readout. I’m not sure how I can fix it. Any thoughts?
  2. I don’t seem to be able to update using the plugin’s update.
    What are your thoughts?
    Thank you,
    Mike