Is a wireframe necessary before starting on a Bubble marketplace app?

I’m fairly new to Bubble, but I’ve been able to do enough with it to know that I can most likely execute my idea with it.

Given that Bubble is more or less drag-and-drop, is a wireframe even necessary before starting on the full implementation in Bubble? Any thoughts on this from people who have executed their idea on Bubble?

My reason for not wanting to do a wireframe is that it is bogging me down by forcing me to think about scenarios where I’d need to experiment with Bubble first before I can come up with the right design. For example, certain APIs that I’ll be using (like Stripe) have their own limitations, and I can’t design a wireframe without knowing how to workaround those limitations in Bubble. It’s a kind of chicken-and-egg situation.

Hi Sandeep,

I have worked on a ton of bubble apps with and without wireframes. And I can say that wireframes save a lot of time and effort in the long term, even though it may not seem so at first.

Of course, your first wireframe should consider bubble’s capabilities and the potential integrations that you may use, since these affect how your app will work.

I understand the catch 22 situation that you’re in. I can offer a quick consultation regarding your app - wherein I can help you strategize the high-level business logic, taking bubble’s functionalities and capabilities into consideration. That would help you approach the app in the most optimised way by saving a lot of time.

Cheers,
Ranjit | Founder, Blur Apps

1 Like