Limit access on S3

Hello, i’m using wasabi S3 to host my files.
I need help to set up a privacy rule or a technique you could recommend to limit my file’s access only to my bubble users.
Do you guys have any clue ? ? thanks in advance !

Please pick a subcategory to help organize the information. Thanks!

Also, the more context you provide with your questions (screenshots, link to an open app, etc.), the more likely you’ll get good help quickly :slight_smile:

Hey @Alter345 :wave:

Thanks for the post and great question! I’m a little limited in the support I can provide for Wasabi since it’s a 3rd party service, but I have a couple suggestions that could help.

First, if you’re using the Wasabi plugin that’s available, I believe they have some options for making sure files can only be retrieved in an authenticated way. If you aren’t using the plugin, it might be worth a look.

Second, the best way to help protect files stored elsewhere is to not expose where they are stored. So, be very selective and deliberate with your privacy rules with any fields related to the file, it’s path, the region where it’s stored etc.

Finally, consider reaching out to Zeroqode on any additional information they can share about protecting files. They’re the developers of the plugin and might have some additional tips on how to make sure things are locked down.

And of course, you’re always welcome to email us directly with any questions at Support@Bubble.io

Thanks for replying :wink:

Nope, i asked them, they don’t have to be retrieved in authenticated way … the only thing doable is to give access to people that are using the domaine name of the app. But since it’s a link to download files it does not work ;( (because the link does not include the name of the app)
or maybe i’m missing something ?

Unfortunately, since this is a 3rd party source and plugin, they’re definitely a better source of truth than us. Sorry to not have a better solution for you here!

OK thanks, but maybe you can solve my problem, replying me on the other thread :wink: and use only the bubble host, only if you have a solution to rename files :wink:

I’m sorry… I’m not sure I understand. Wanna send us an email at Support@Bubble.io? We’d be happy to help any way that we can!

I’m talking about my reply on this thread that would help me if you have a solution :wink: Use case / ideas are welcome :) - #2 by AndrewV

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.