Limiting One Email Account/User to One Credit Card?

One Email per Credit Card for Subscriptions

I only want to allow one email account (user) per credit card for my subscriptions with Stripe/Bubble. (SlingTV.com does this and it’s a great way to limit people from making multiple free email accounts and getting free trials.)

Has anyone found a solution to this issue?

edit: my solution was considering only if keeping cc number. I’m looking for another way to do it with Stripe. :sweat_smile:

29%20PM

Except that I don’t think you can do that. Only Stripe holds the actual numbers of course. One can only access the credit card number in an abstract or what you might call “mediated” way.

That is, you can charge the user’s card on file, you can prompt or allow the user to update card details, etc. but you cannot get and compare actual card numbers. (Because security and regulations.)

I’m not sure if there’s a Stripe API call that might be able to evaluate a similar comparison on the Stripe side and return a list of customers or whatever (which wouldn’t expose the cc numbers themselves). It wouldn’t surprise me either way, but I’m fairly certain such a call is not configured in the vanilla Bubble Stripe plug-in…

1 Like

You can retrieve from Stripe the last four cc number and expiration date. Keep it safe in Bubble and compare with recent transactions (less than 30 days or whatever you need to). The chance of having the same data in short period of time is very low.

29%20PM

1 Like

And the data to read is:

23%20PM

Solution is using the Stripe Fingerprint.

1 Like

Oh hai, there you go! (Like I said, it doesn’t surprise me this is a capability.)

1 Like