Live view showing data that isn't in live database

I deployed my app live for the first time and overwrote the live database with the dev one since I’d built out a lot of content in dev and that’s what makes my app useful.

Since then, I’ve deployed several updates for small changes from dev to live, but didn’t touch the data itself.

In the live view, I went to my app data and it’s empty BUT the live view of the app is still pulling data I copied over from the original dev version, which seems unexpected and prevents me from editing live data since it doesn’t appear to exist.

Any idea what’s up here? I don’t have user data yet so nothing to lose from live, really, but I do need to find a way of maintaining some data that’s managed by me and users can act on (think a list of books users could like–I might need to update books on that list or details of a book on that list but I don’t want to overwrite user likes, comments, etc. of existing books)

I tend to use Option Sets for data objects that I want to exist in both live and dev sites. Bubble seems to move the option sets every time you publish a database where it does not for App Data.

I don’t know what your use case is, but keeping data that I want shared between versions (logos, site images, colors, etc) in an option set works well. It would work poorly for items like Blog posts that you don’t want to load on every page.

Good luck!

That’s a smart solution. In this case, it’s quite a lot of data, but it seems to have been a one-time hiccup (maybe related to a first-time deployment) since things are showing up for me now.