Login Error: the 2 passwords do not match but I only have one input box

Hi All!

Can anyone help me with this I’ve tried to use the debugger mode but it’s not descriptive enough.

I created a login page. When I attempt to “sign up” for an account I get a message that says “2 passwords do not match”. I’m not sure why since there is only one password input.

The Message

The Email Input Box

)

The Password Input Box

The Sign Up Work Flow

Do you all see anything wrong?

Your ‘confirmation’ value is set to a statement which evaluates to a yes/no value, which you’re then formatting as a text…

I’ve no idea what you’re trying to do there?.. but in any case, what is the value you’re using for ‘yes’?

Also, why are you using a password confirmation without providing an input to enter the confirmed password?..

1 Like

@adamhholmes It sounds like I’ve gotten all turned around trying to set up this login. I’m not sure if this information helps but I set up a user sign up form to create users for the app. I can see the users in the database. I just can’t get the users to sign -in.

I reset the content format to email and password so the app knows what information I am collecting. But now it is only signing one individual in. The rest of the users can’t sign in :confused:

What @adamhholmes was tryign to say is that, when you check the option to “Require a password confirmation”, the field that appears below, called “Confirmation”, should be linked to another password input in your editor.

This oblyes the user to enter a password in INPUT A and re-enter it in INPUT B, so Bubble can compare both values.

If your users don’t need to confirm their password in another input, you should not check the option “Require a password confirmation”.

Make sense?

1 Like

I see that is helpful thank you

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.