Looking For A Volunteer Bubble Developer

Are you passionate about social change and wellness? Are you looking to enhance your skills and portfolio in a supportive and collaborative environment? SenterME is seeking a Volunteer Bubble Developer to join our team and contribute to our mission of empowering women through emotional wellness.

Responsibilities:

Collaborate with our team to develop and enhance features on the SenterME platform using Bubble, a no-code/low-code platform.

Create algorithms, optimize data collection, and assist with segmentation to improve user experience and platform functionality.

Contribute to problem-solving initiatives and tackle challenges head-on with a proactive approach.

Attend weekly team meetings to discuss progress, share ideas, and collaborate on projects.

Embrace a culture of respect, inclusion, and creativity, fostering harmonious collaboration within the team.

Work on part-time, remote basis for 4 months, committing to consistent development efforts and project milestones.

Demonstrate excellent communication skills, ensuring clear and effective interaction with team members and stakeholders.

Requirements:

Previous experience with Bubble development, or confident in ability to learn quickly

Passion for social change and wellness, aligning with SenterME’s mission and values.

Strong problem-solving skills and a love for tackling challenges in a dynamic environment.

Lifelong learner mindset, eager to enhance skills and build confidence in a supportive work environment.

Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with team members and stakeholders.

Commitment to weekly team meetings and project deadlines, demonstrating reliability and dedication to the role.

Join us at SenterME and be part of a team that values creativity, collaboration, and making a positive impact in the world of emotional wellness! Apply now to embark on an exciting journey of growth and development with us.

Serious inquiries send resume/portfolio to info@senterme.com

1 Like

I have send you my portfolio.

Is this a non-profit?

1 Like

So, what’s in it for your volunteer? Empowering women, or lining your pockets with the value of their work?!

5 Likes

As my old mum would say…“if your good at something, don’t do it for free”

2 Likes

Are you sure that you have people in your database that are willing to work for free? I’m in dire need of a few of them to work on my portfolio.

3 Likes

Never change, @georgecollier

:smile:

3 Likes

I looked up your site and you started in 2017. You’re still looking for a volunteer developer?

Doesn’t seem like a good business practice for the professional women you claim to cater to.

Seems you would know you get what you pay for…

in this case what you don’t pay for.

6 Likes

Lot of responsibilities for free work. Also to mention if you have “stakeholders”, you should have some sort of income for those who put the work into the platform.

Don’t think using “Volunteered as a slave for a company called S… for 2 years, learned how to take demands and eat them for breakfast” will look good on my portfolio.

4 Likes

If I had a dollar for every “CEO” or “start-up founder” I’ve done work for when I started programming say something along these lines, I wouldn’t have to work so hard for my own company.

1 Like

Glad we’re all agreed on this :joy:

1 Like

To these developers, build something you’re interested in! As the owner of a Bubble agency, I don’t care whether the app someone’s showing me on their portfolio is real or not, so long as it demonstrates skills. If you can get compensated work on a real app, great, but this founder is offering the following:

1. The founder owns all (or a large part) of said company
  2. Founder wants you to work for them
  3. Benefits go exclusively to the founder, not you

The fact that you even asked for this in the first place shows a complete lack of commercial awareness that would not bode well for the business (further disincentivising anyone from working for free).

You’ll also get better work out of someone if they have skin in the game. Give them 20% of your company or something, for all I care. Then, they actually have a reason to do good work, otherwise you’ll get what you paid for (nothing).

This is just insane.

You’re correct that startup founders who don’t have a budget don’t pay other people to do it. Why? They do it themselves. There are hundreds of them on this forum who learned Bubble and built their app from the ground up because they cared about it enough and had the drive to do it. They don’t just get other people to do it for them with no compensation whatsoever.

Best of luck!

2 Likes

This. :joy:

2 Likes

Asking to developers to come work for free for your for-profit startup is by definition, predatory. No other information is needed about who you are or what you stand for to know you are building your company on predatory practices.

The lack of self-awareness is shocking.

2 Likes

Yeah this is why I asked - if it was a charity/non-profit it’d be a completely different story as you’re donating time to the cause. But, as you’re a for profit and not offering anything, you’d be donating time to the enriching the founder’s pockets. Rather awful.

2 Likes

I consider myself a ‘professional’ female, the type your site caters to.

After I graduated from college there were a couple of lessons I quickly discovered about the business world…

1. There are expenses and there are investments.

An expense is what you need to spend to keep your business running. An investment is what you invest in to not only grow your business but to pay your expenses.

Investing is not looking for free or cheap help. Investing in your business means getting the best you can to give your business a chance.

I’ve only been working with Bubble for about 7 months…but previously I’ve been on teams that have built apps from the ground up for startups…some are now very successful…and there wasn’t one of them that asked us to work for free.

So, when you say I don’t know anything about your business, I’m basing what I do know…your idea of investing is ‘free labor’. This thinking leads anyone to believe you’re either doing this for your own glorification or you haven’t proven your concept after 7 years and are still unsure about its viability.

If you aren’t serious about building your business and aren’t willing to invest in it why should anyone else be?

3 Likes

Excellent Take

Very popular topic… I see you guys working hard, huh :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Drinking my coffee, eating a pastry, thoroughly enjoying well-deserved the fireworks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

She deleted the replies but the quotes still show them :joy:

3 Likes