Making dynamic bar charts

Hey all.

I am trying to make a bar chart that will show a count of all orders created for each month of the year. Therefore the x axis would be January, February, March etc and the Y axis would be the count of orders for that month (or sum of order value fields)

The issue I have is my orders database date fields are the creation date of the order/record. So I have read up on grouping etc and struggling slightly here.

What expression should I use in both the y axis field and the x axis field to achieve this result? (X Axis grouped by months and then y axis showing a count of all orders of which creation date falls inside that month.

Such a simple challenge but is sending me insane…any helps appreciated. Cheers

Nick

Hey @nick.lockley. You can use the Bubble’s chart plugin for a bar chart.

When you are configuring, you will group the data type by the sale date (any data type and any date field is ok of course):

The start date is any date you want. I started from 01/01/2024.

To get the month formatting in the label expression, you can do it like below:

With this configuration and for the data below (any data type should be fine. I use this one and a sale date field):

The chart would look like something like this:

Here is the editor if you want to check the details: Tests for Forum 13 | Bubble Editor

Like @hergin suggested, it’s better to use bubble’s official chart.js plugin for this. If you hate the way it look(or need a chart that looks more modern and asthetic) you try out this free and open source plugin: Simple Charts