Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Matching in dating app using Bubble.io

Hey all!
Using bubble.io to build a mobile based dating app. I have little to no experience in coding so this platform is truly a godsend (Thanks Emmanuel!). The doubt I have is with regards to “Matching” of User profiles in the dating app.
While I am aware this can be easily done using the “Tinder Pile” plugin, I wanted to work with a “Repeating Group” to enable this. I am not entirely sure as to how to go about doing this.
Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated!

Thanks

The tinder plugin is basically a repeating group. The matching part would best be created if you use ‘ranked by’ like this: Can someone help explain :ranked by?

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

• One-on-One Tutoring
  • eLearning Hub
  • Video Tutorials
  • No-Code Classes
1 Like

From what i understand from your reply, you seem to talk about the ordering or “ranking” of the “profile queue” or “profile stack”. But for this purpose, I was thinking that the ordering of the queue can be done by the use of a “Profile Score” which is dependent on a few relevant factors like activeness, proximity etc etc.
I was actually asking about how to make the workflow such that if two profiles “like” each other, they match. I was not aware of all the options available in the workflow but I have since figured out how to enable this “matching”.

Nevertheless, thanks for the input about “rank by”. You introduced me to a feature that i was not aware of earlier!

1 Like

Ohhh. Got it. :blush: Glad you were able to figure it out!

thanks for such detailed information

1 Like

No problem! Glad it helped. :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

• One-on-One Tutoring
  • eLearning Hub
  • Video Tutorials
  • No-Code Classes

@J805 very understandable example. Thanks.

1 Like

No problem :blush:

At the moment, there are few proven dating sites, and many do not communicate on the Internet. It would seem that what is the problem to communicate online with someone all so can. We do not know who is on the other side of the screen and generally cannot know that we are not being deceived. At the moment, I have visited many different dating sites and I will say immediately encountered scammers. Of course, I don’t make such mistakes anymore, and everything is fine with my relationship. One site only found which I could then find my soul mate. With this soul mate we have been together for two months. Thanks to the site for being able to find the dating app that connected our hearts. Here is the site apksalad.