Menu Toggle Group Focus Collapse Hide

I felt a need to make a new post about this as the other two posts I found discussing the issue are closed and I can’t reply on them.

I added the links below.

But first, I need to post this because I just spent ten minutes frustratingly trying to figure out why my group focus wouldn’t listen to my commands (respect my authoritai).

What I found to work well so far is to place a custom state onto the icon that is being used to click and show/hide the group focus.

Then put together workflows like so…these are meant to change the number from 0 to 1 in order to signal that the group focus is visible or not visible.

This approach works…and it only took me 10 minutes of questioning my sanity to get it to work…I literally couldn’t figure out why all the other commands I created wouldn’t work.

Anyway, wanted to help others not lose their mind as I had. Hope it helps.

By the way you can make a reusable element that is only an icon with a group focus to use inside of repeating groups. I found a thread before on the topic (sorry for not posting a link).

8 Likes

didn’t work

Try again. Works for me.

I used other method and is working very well.

Just make sure whatever method you used works when the user clicks outside of the groupfocus and it closes automatically.

What you don’t want is the user to need to click the icon twice to get the groupfocus to show again.

so I made a state yes/no. When the user clicks on an icon the state is “yes” and when the user clicks on it again the state will switch to “no”. Closing the group focus by clicking outside it is working but the state is going to stay “yes”. How to make it switch to “no”. Do you have any ideas?

Make a conditional workflow. Set it to run everytime.

The condition is “when groupfocus is not visible and state is yes”

Action is set state to ‘no’

If you do not get the ability to put a condition that says ‘when groupfocus is not visible’ then create a shape. Label the shape “is visible”. Make the shape width 1 and height 1 and x and y values of 0.

Make the shape background to none, so that it is basically not visible on page.

Then set your triggers from the icon to hide or show the shape. Make a conditional workflow to hide or show the groupfocus based on the shape being visible or not.

Then you can for sure make a conditional statement that says ‘when shape is not visible and state is yes’

action set state to no

3 Likes

It works, but it does seem less ‘elegant’ and just a workaround for the bug? It requires additional actions (one for showing and one for hiding).

Either way; thanks for the workaround! Started to lose my sanity here too :slight_smile:

1 Like

eita!! quero saber é apos sofrer o hovered quero que ele fica invisivel sem o click do mouse!

Make the shape background to none, so that it is basically not visible on page.

Then set your triggers from the icon to hide or show the shape. Make a conditional workflow to hide or show the groupfocus based on the shape being visible or not.

Then you can for sure make a conditional statement that says ‘when shape is not visible and state is yes’

action set state to no

you should make sure you run the conditional workflow everytime.

1 Like

I was also going insane, and then found this. Thank you!

One caveat, your first workflow screenshot “when MaterialIcon D is clicked” should also have the condition “only when This MaterialIcon’s Clicked is 0”.

I needed to change that, and also extra workflow further down the thread to make everything work as expected.

Side note: This isn’t required to get it working, but I used a custom state named “Visibility state” with a “yes/no” value instead of the custom state named “Clicked” with “0/1”. Naming things intuitively helps me when building workflows.

1 Like

Hello!

Did you manage to find a better way yet?

It worked for me once and now it stopped working again, crazy :confused:

You might have it set to ‘only once’ instead of ‘everytime’

Working good here, tks a lot

1 Like