⨁ Modular Text & Docs Editor - New Plugin From Zeroqode

editorjs

This plugin is a next generation block styled editor. Its workspace consists of separate Blocks: paragraphs, headings, images, lists, quotes, etc.
Classic WYSIWYG-editors produce raw HTML-markup with both content data and content appearance. On the contrary, the plugin outputs JSON object with data of each Block.

editorjs
Key features:

• block-styled editor
  • clean data output in JSON
  • easy to use

Live demo: https://zeroqode-demo-17.bubbleapps.io/editor_js
Plugin page: Modular Text & Docs Editor Plugin | Bubble

Please support us with a retweet

Levon Terteryan

Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Zeroqode Blocks
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-code Development Services

8 Likes

I found all the documentation i could on this plugin, but I am struggling to find how to link its data to a database. What does ‘clean output in json’ mean and how do I harness it? I am trying to save the text input but I amnot getting anythign back.

1 Like

Hi @matthias,

Thanks for reaching out. Sure, if you’d like to save editor’s content into your database field, you can use this state:

But please use plugin’s Save Changes EditorJs action, first. And only then you can implement the next step to actually save it into your database, as it is important to save the changed content in this editor so you’ll be able to save the appropriate one later on.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Okay, that didn’t seem to work. Not sure why, but after saving the data and then doing “s all saved data” it started to save it to the database. Any idea why?
I notice it’s saving actual code here too, how do I display that in a dynamic text field? Trying to see if I can save text with multiple paragraphs and there be an option to comment on each paragraph in a blog like Medium or Notion.

Thanks @matthias for feedback.

Apologies for any misleading. So, it is important to mention that our plugin is using JSON objects with data for each Block, compared to a classic WYSIWYG editor, but you’re absolutely able to save this information into your database and retrieve it later on when needed, even in your editor element.

If you’d like to save all information at once, you can use this state instead:

But you still need to make sure to save editor changes by using this action: (images for illustration purposes)

You may also add a pause before second action step, just to make sure things are running smoothly.

And if you want to retrieve database information and set the editor with it, you can simply do a search for and select the appropriate data, here:

If you’d have any other confusions or issues, please post screenshots of your app and workflows as well, with all property editor settings, so we can have a better investigation then provide working solutions asap.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

@levon how I can show the saved article created using this plugin? using text element? (In plugin demo page, there are two editor element. there is no preview element)

Any reply?

Hi @bentoj72,

Thanks for asking. Just preview the editor here Zeroqode-demo-17 | Bubble Editor to see how to show the articles with this plugin. You just need to place the plugin element and point it to your database Blocks.

Unfortunately, it would not be possible to display the article in a text element as you expect, because this plugin is based on JSON, however, you can still show it in a text element by using plugin’s states, but it would display it as JSON block.

But what do you mean by saying there is not preview element? You just use plugin’s element and hit Preview.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

How do we display the JSON data cleanly in bubble?

Hi @PasqualeJS,

Thanks for reaching out. Perhaps this thread will be helpful - Need help showing JSON data on Bubble Elements.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hey,

Is this plugin still updated?

Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face: :computer:

Hi there, @hacker !

Thanks for reaching out!

If you are talking about the last updates of this plugin, they had been implemented last year - new element property and action “Read-only mode” were added.

In case it wasn’t your question, kindly specify, what were you referring to.

Best regards.

I mean that if this plugin outdated or “legacy”?

Also, I am using Bubble´s RTE (Rich Text Editor) in an app. If I switch to this one, will the contents display the same (bold, colors, size)?

Hey, @hacker!

This plugin is up to date, as well as its library.

In case of switching to this one, kindly note, that data source of the plugin element should be in a JSON format. If you want to be able to use HTML elements, I can suggest you our plugin Advanced Rich Text Editor , which have all the parameters you described.

Please, let us know if you have any other questions :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards.

1 Like

Hey @ZeroqodeSupport Team!

Is there any way of inserting images without the captions? We want to use it for legal documents and it’s not usual to have this kind of information just showing up in there without any value to the doc itself.

Thanks a lot!

Hey, @luiz1!

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to insert images without captions. Cause the configurations of the data uploaded in the element of this plugin are prewritten in the library and can’t be adjusted.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please, let us know if you need any further clarification.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hey, great integration. Before buying, one question :

I’m looking at the editor page and documentation and can’t find the ability to upload images (like on the editor.js homepage) via this plugin : https://github.com/editor-js/image

Is it included in the plugin?
If not, is it possible to add it? (kind of a deal breaker for me)
Last question : Would it be possible to add a “upload to s3/wasabi” option like your RTE editor?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

While I’m at it… Will this editor work with “mentions” plugins?

Thanks!

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out!
Please allow me to discuss your questions for plugins possibilities internally and come with feedback asap.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi, @Future!

Please let me reply regarding your questions:

At the moment the plugin doesn’t have options to upload images via GitHub or upload to s3/wasabi. I have passed your observations on to our development team, so we will take care of these questions, and if it possible we will add the new options into the plugin.

If I understood correctly you mean “Will RTE work with the plugin “Modular Text”?”.
This question I have passed on to our developer team too. If this feature is reasonable, we’ll implement it.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask :slightly_smiling_face:
Regards,