Move Button and Associated Workflow from One Page to Another?

Is it possible to move workflows from one page to another? For example, if I have a button with a workflow on a page and realize that the flow is not right and want to move the functionality to another page, am I left having to recreate the workflow? It seems like the answer is yes as I haven’t yet found a way to copy workflows between pages.

Thank you!

I believe the short answer is yes… but depending on how complicated the workflow is, it might be easier to create a new page by cloning the page on which the functionality currently exists and then deleting the stuff you don’t need on the new page. Just a thought… hope it helps.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

Tedious, depending how many workflows you have… but you could just copy and paste it into the new page?

2 Likes

Yup, what @lantzgould said, too. :slight_smile:

I forgot they added that feature recently… it’s #15 on the list in this post…

You could still consider cloning the page, but the ability to copy a workflow is there.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 3.47.57 PM

Does the copy with workflows function not work for you?

What I usually need to do is make sure I have all elements on the page and then reassign them in the workflow, but no matter which way you go, the idea of an easy copy and past with workflow doesn’t really exist yet.

1 Like

Thank you! I missed the “copy with workflows” option. That should do the trick. My workflows thus far have not been overly complicated.

When they do, it is not too much of a hassle to correct them after pasting. I usually open two tabs in my browser with one set for the original workflow and the other is the pasted workflow on the new page. Then I just match things up as they are supposed to be.