Need help with location of a ListShifter

I’m so close to achieving what I need to do (concatenating two lists and keeping duplicates) using the amazing List Shifter but for one issue that I can’t get round.

My ListShifter is inside a Repeating Group.

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 14.45.45

It works well but I need to run a custom workflow so that my list generates as the page is loaded. With essential help from Keith on here, I can see how it’s done but my issue is that when I create the Custom Workflow, I can’t select my ListShifter because it’s inside the Repeating Group and bubble can’t “see” it so the Element dropdown is empty.

If I move it out of the repeating group then I can select the ListShifter but, in turn, the list shifter can’t “see” the Repeating Group contents that it needs to display.

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 14.55.45

What do I do here? I feel it’s really simple. I’m not that confident with bubble and I feel like I’m at the outer edge of my “ability envelope” so if someone can help me out, I’d really appreciate it.

There is a free plugin called Orchestra “repeating group addon”…that would allow you to trigger workflows from outside of an RG on elements that are inside the RG…it also opens up access via workflows to data inside of an RG. Can also target specific cells of the RG.

That is where I would look to get the functionality you need.

1 Like