Need help with saving items to a list

Very new bubble user here and I know the answer to this is going to be obvious when I figure it out but I haven’t figured it out yet. I’m trying to figure out how to add things to a list. Basically I’m working on an inventory and project management system.

The goal is to be able to add a tool to a list of tools for a specific project and then display that projects list of tools on the project place to show what tools are needed to the technician.

I have created a thing called project with the field tool list which is set as a list of tools.
I have created a thing called tool with a field project which is a list of projects.

I want the UX to be clicking an icon in a repeating group with a dropdown menu. The drop down menu should show a list of project names. I want the work flow for the icon to be when it is clicked to add current cells tool to the dropdown values project tool list.

The goal is that you could click the add button and then select which project you were adding that tool too.

I want the ability to be able to display which tools are assigned to what projects currently and also to be able to display a list of all tools needed for that project.

I also want to add the functionality to build template list of tools so that you could quickly add groups of tools to a project and then a la carte add additional tools if needed.

I know there has to be an easy way to do this but I’m not figuring it out.
Any help with how I could do this is greatly appreciated.

I could answer your questions, but that would most likely not help you. Learn the base of bubble using the tutorials, it’ll help you a lot.

You can also shortcut paying some good teachers outside like @romanmg or others. There’s now people charging per 15 min, I don’t remember who exactly.

Yeah I already figured it out. Thanks for the input guys.

1 Like