New feature available? "Field for a readable URL"

is that brand new?

If so, and if it does what I think, \o/ #partyTime
Or have I just missed it this whole time? Can’t see anything about it in forum except much questions asking for this.

Been there quite some time.

Still doesn’t make the URL entirely pretty, but does the job :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, for dynamic pages, you still generally have to expose an unique id of some kind in the url, which sucks, but this field at least lets you append something more sensible along with it.

better than nothing indeed, I’ll use it!

Yeah it’s been there for probably over a year now. I’ve been pushing them to have a checkbox option below that field for pretty urls, you as the creator of the app would have to make sure the readable field you chose was unique, or else you might end up presenting the wrong page to the user depending on how it’s setup. With that option we could could then have more seo friendly url structures and also more sharable urls.

4 Likes

Definitely something I’d love to have. Instead of Bubble ensuring that URL to be unique, we could manage to make a unique field at our own risk. I heard @emmanuel said they would tackle this pretty URL feature (in some other thread) but not sure if they could work on this. I am thinking this requires quite a bit of logic to change, as the routing is a very complicated topic.

Did you get to hear updates from Bubble team?

No they said they weren’t working on a solution, I gave them a solution but they, unfortunately, weren’t interested in doing it. I went so far to even offer sponsoring the feature but still no interest from them. I ended up making the app in webflow where SEO and url structure was done how I wanted it to be. Hopefully one day I can switch back since they have most of the features I want.

3 Likes

Hello @NigelG!

Just wondering, you know if this URL has a better/worse impact in SEO Pagerank than a regular added page?

Let me know!

From what I have read, any keywords in the URL have minimal impact.

You mean for S.E.O?

If so, I believe the opposite… having the keywords at URL level is a must before doing the rest of the SEO strategies… (https://backlinko.com/on-page-seo)

That’s why I’m concerned about this matter. Also, you can’t make “SEO description” in bubble Dynamic. So the text found in google on a dynamic page (if get indexed by google) would be the one you did for the page. If it’s displaying a product, would be the same for every product.

That’s why I’m wondering around lately in many posts to see if anybody where able to fix this, or has experience to share about the matter

I believe that is a very small ranking factor. So it is not something I’d really try to force. And it is not something I’d say it is even worth your effort to restructure your site just so you can get keywords in your URL.

John Mueller from Google

Also, you can’t make “SEO description” in bubble Dynamic. So the text found in google on a dynamic page (if get indexed by google) would be the one you did for the page. If it’s displaying a product, would be the same for every product.

Yes you can, but you need the page “thing” to be able to do it. It looks like it doesn’t work on User as it won’t read the cookie.

I checked the page thing, and it looks like it works in the Google tool. If you know differently I would be interested to find out.

Ok, leaving apart the debate about keywords in the URL, let’s say I move forward with just having the Dynamic pages, (actually would be a relief because it would make me delete about 10 pages I have displaying information structured the same) but I find this when I try to make the SEO title and description dynamic for the page

@NigelG how would you display a “page thing” in the box above?

Make the page have a type…

Then you can use that in the description.

As I said, I think it works in the google tool. And looks like the crawler is seeing it. But I am not 100% certain.

1 Like

It does work :wink:

I am also thinking about switching to webflow. The only problem is how did you end up making the users creating their own pages. As far as I know with the webflow CMS only editors are allowed to create new pages.

Hi Guys,
Can someone give us a little update?

Is it still not possible to eliminate the unique user ID in the URLs of dynamic pages with “user” as type of content?
Is it possible to add a second parameter in the Field for readable URL so that for example it is possible to have in the URL the single User Name + Another User Data?

Thank you

1 Like