Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

[New Plugin] Air Copy to clipboard

Hello! @myholidayguide
Thank you for reaching out.

Great to know that you have found a solution. Thank you for sharing it with others :slight_smile:

Please let us know if there are any other questions.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Is it possible to add a line break when you copy from static text?

Hi @brad.h!

I’m afraid the plugin doesn’t support this feature as of now. We will check how feasible and possible it is to add this to the plugin.
Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with any time estimations on this matter as this is a low-priority feature request.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi,

I am using the plugin to copy some text generated with JavaScript. Works well. My question: is there any way to edit that copied text from the clipboard (like append, split, etc) or add it to the database (it would be easy to access it from there)?

Thanks!

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out!
Please let us check this question internally, and we will back with a reply for you asap.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Just as a heads up it looks like the Paste feature in your demo app is broken. Not sure if that is the plugin or the demo app.

Hello, @ionut442!

Thanks for your patience!

Unfortunately, there is no way to edit text that is copied from the clipboard with this plugin, and to take text from DB as well.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask, our team is always ready to help :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello, @lachy!

Thanks for reaching out!

I’ve just checked our demo page but it didn’t detect any issue. The plugin works properly.
Please be so kind to try again and if the error occurs again, send us a screencast of your actions (e.g. using Loom) with details from the browser console. And provide us with what browser you have used the demo version.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Sure no worries. Replicated reliably again.

Loom link: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

Browser is Firefox 96.0.3 (64-bit) Windows Platform.

Hello, @lachy!

Thank you for the details.
Please allow me to discuss this question internally. In your case, we can suggest trying this plugin in another browser and let us know if it works properly there.
Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello, @lachy!

Thanks for your patience!

Our team has investigated the plugin and now we have a conclusion for your case.
Please notify, that the Firefox browser only supports reading the clipboard in the browser extension, using the “clipboardRead” extension permission. If you check out once again using the plugin within Firefox, you will see a notification in the console.

Apologises for inconvinience. :pray:

Furthermore, I’d like to inform you that the Air Copy to Clipboard was updated to the new version (Version 2.11.0). Please change the plugin version in your app to the latest one and let us know if it works.

Have a nice day!
Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

@ZeroqodeSupport

It looks like this plugin doesn’t work when embedded within an iFrame. Do you know/have any workarounds for this?

Hi @messly,

We’ve tried to reproduce your request on our side, and tested the plugin web demo page within an iframe. You are right, by default it will not work, since an iFrame is a separate Box with its own buffer.

We have checked a few resources and found out how to solve this.
Solution: it requires adding a line of custom code in the HTML of your iframe.
allow="clipboard-read; clipboard-write"

Please check the screenshot below.

Useful resources:
https://web.dev/async-clipboard/#permissions-policy-integration
https://w3c.github.io/webappsec-permissions-policy/
https://caniuse.com/?search=clipboard-read

Note: this feature is supported only by Google Chrome and Opera browsers.

We hope the above will be useful to you.
Best regards, :slight_smile:
Zeroqode Support Team.

1 Like

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport,

I am trying to get it to work in a repeating group, but it doesn’t work. Here is a screenshot:

Do you have any suggestions why?

Thank you,
Kaya

Hello @kaya

The setup seems to be correct, but there are some things that we would like you to check and change. Please do the following:

1. For the Trigger element ID and ID Attribute, please change so that the “Current cell’s index” is placed before the word “copy”. Just like it is illustrated in the attached screenshots.

Screenshot 2022-06-21 at 14.53.45

2. Please make sure that the target element ID is actually "text" and not a group, as it is in your case right now.

Please do check and change the mentioned things and let us know the result :slight_smile:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Thank you! It worked!

1 Like

@ZeroqodeSupport I have one more question. I was able to get it to work in my web app and now I am trying to get it to work in a chrome extension. I used this plug to create the extension Google Chrome Extensions Plugin | Bubble. But copy to clipboard is not working. Do you know what could be a reason?

Hi @kaya,
Thank you for reaching out, and sorry for the late reply due to the weekend. :pray:

Unfortunatly it’s hard to say why it is not working because we haven’t worked with the Google Chrome Extensions Plugin. Can you please provide setup screenshots of the plugin element and the workflow of copying text from the clipboard?
Have you tried to debug it in the Console, did you get any error messages that will help us understand the issue?

Thank you and looking forward to your reply.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.