[New Plugin] Air Copy to clipboard

does this plugin work by copying and pasting content between pages @seanhoots ?

Thank you so much

Unfortunately still struggling with this one @ZeroqodeSupport

It appears the latest version removed the ‘text to copy’ all together from the workflow action that copies things to your clipboard. This action, and the ability to dynamically put info into the clipboard is the complete reason I use this plugin. Can we please get that back and remove the ID input?

Good to know! I won’t be upgrading just yet then!

I need the text to copy field as well.

Hey,

I used this plugin, but had many problems (like many others).

Just run javascript, here´s the solution

Hello, friends.

First of all, please accept out apologies for the sad experience you have, while using our plugin on the 2.4 version. :pray:

Second of all, we have made a plugin update that should fix the issue you all were facing - the error that was appearing on the page load on the 2.4.0 version.

Please upgrade your plugins to the 2.5.0 (removed unnecessary fields and fixed bugs) version and give it a try.

Please also note:

• when you are using the “Copy to clipboard” action, don’t forget to paste there an ID of the element which text you’d like to copy to the clipboard. It will help you not to get the Cannot read property ‘select’ of null error.
  • if you want to copy to clipboard a text from the thing that is not present on the page (current page URL, for example) - use the “Copy from the text” action.
  • if you want to copy to clipboard a text from some group or RG - use the “Copy from the element” action and indicate which group you’d like to use in the Element ID field

Hope it helps :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

The most recent update completely broke every single action I had setup. I tried following the instructions above (which further complicated what was formerly a very simple action) and still didn’t work. I reverted back to 2.0

1 Like

Same here… version 2.0 is working fine

I just reverted back to 2.0 because the updates requiring the id attribute field is a little bit much. I’m sure making changes to a plugin with 30,000 plus installs is a bit tricky when considering making a breaking change that will cause issues for any user who was using the plugin successfully before the breaking changes were introduced.

What if not requiring that field was implemented…I’ve seen plenty of plugins that have optional input fields that when left empty do not cause issues in the issue checker…perhaps that could be something @ZeroqodeSupport could consider here

2 Likes

@boston85719 , @qaz.wscuther , @jcalvarezjr , @equibodyapp , @avern87 , friends!

Thank you so much for your patience, while we were dealing with the plugin fixes. We completely understand how you’ve felt and fully appreciate the inconvenience this has caused you.
Please accept our sincere apologies! :pray:

Having taken into consideration your feedback we’ve made appropriate plugin changes. We rolled back the plugin code to the 2.0.0 version and fixed the most common bugs.
Also, we added the Paste to the clipboard action, for your convenience.

Please upgrade your plugin to the latest version and give it a try.
Your feedback about the latest version is enormously valuable to us so that we can be sure that everything is in order on your side.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hey @ZeroqodeSupport,

Not sure if I understand what was meant to happen correctly however I thought I’d be able to update plugin and then continue on my merry way not having to update anything.

Same errors in the issue checker popup as we have been having all along

And now there is no option to add in dynamic text to copy, it’s just the element ID

Can we pleas have this option back just like V2.0

Did anyone even have any issues with the way the plugin was working prior to you guys taking it over? I thought it was simple to use and worked great just as it was :slight_smile:

If you really want to add in the element ID option, could you just make it optional? But leave the ability for users to just have the dynamic text to copy (as this is how we’ve all happily had it set up and working).

Although - I’m not sure this is the latest update you meant - I think the update has been pushed to the aircalendar instead of air copy to clipboard?? This is a screenshot of aircalendar

And this is a screenshot of air copy to clipboard

@equibodyapp ,

Terribly sorry for this occasion. We have some troubles with this version (a mistake was made). Let us please do re-deploy.

:pray:
Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Friends!

The correct version is available now.
Please check and confirm that everything is OK now. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Thanks @ZeroqodeSupport

So to confirm, I have upgraded to latest version. Text to copy instead of element ID is now there.

But a warning to everyone about to upgrade, it completely wipes what you had in there so take a screenshot before upgrading if you need to.

Also I’m getting this error and to be honest I don’t know if this was in there prior to v2.0 but I’m not sure what to put in this section.

@ZeroqodeSupport I’m getting an error when I have this trigger element ID empty…

shouldn’t this be optional?

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 1.49.10 AM

Hello, @boston85719, @equibodyapp .

No, I’m afraid, the Trigger element ID can’t be optional because you have to indicate which element triggers the plugin’s “copy” function. For example, you are clicking on some element/icon/button to copy some text. You have to indicate which element you are clicking to perform the copying action.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello @ZeroqodeSupport ,

Thx for your plug !

I tried on iOS (Ipad), it seems not to work, neither in my projet nor in your Copy to the Clipboard demo page.

Any workaround to make it work for iOS (Ipad) ?

Hi guys,

I’m afraid the plugin isn’t working for me. Especially when used on a iPhone.
Here’s my workflow :slight_smile:

So I am simply copying a url to the clipboard when a group is clicked.
I have run the workflow step by step and it appears to be picking up the url string ok however when I try pasting in a different location (I have tried a few different apps like Google Keep), it’s not giving me the paste option suggesting that the text string wasn’t copied to the clipboard.

I have tried rolling back the plugin to v2 to see if this works but this doesn’t appear to work either.

Is this a known issue?

I have worked out how to fix this. Rather than using a workflow action I placed the Air copy element of the page, added a ID attribute to the copy link group and assigned the copy text within the Air copy element.

Hopefully useful for anyone else who finds themselves here.

1 Like

Hello! @myholidayguide
Thank you for reaching out.

Great to know that you have found a solution. Thank you for sharing it with others :slight_smile:

Please let us know if there are any other questions.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team