New Plugin - Bubble with Blockchain on Nexus!

Clever members of the Nexus community have created a plugin for building Decentralized Applications (DApps) quickly with no blockchain developer experience required. Nexus’ unique seven layer software stack and JSON-APIs already make it simple to develop blockchain solutions however the Bubble plug-in takes this to another level!

Below is a quick tutorial on how to stand-up your own Nexus private testing node, utilize a public testnet or even the mainnet and leverage the plugin for any blockchain creation.

The Nexus User API is synonymous with Signature Chains ( SigChains - https://tech.nexus.io/signature-chains) that provide a familiar authentication mechanism (username, password and PIN) with elevated security while removing the burdens of typical blockchain private key management. SigChains enable the use of cryptographic techniques to authenticate users into a system removing the need for various protocols and third-party products. When the API generates a Decentralized Identifier (DID), the genesis transaction creates a unique hash of this username defined on blockchain.

A simple demo site is available below illustrating basic authentication and blockchain functionality on the public testnet.

More information on Nexus can be found on our website and github.

Please let us know if there are any questions or suggestions!

Cheers,

ba

9 Likes

Hello @ba1

Great works and great doc! In real life, this is a kind of virtual hard drive that is ultra protected and non-erasable and allows you to sell or lend documents? Not sure to see the full scale of the system. :sweat_smile: How much it cost to use the Nexus blockchain?

Nexus is a seven-layered software stack that powers a register-based process virtual machine, serving as a powerful DApp and contract platform creating value across many industries. Development is accessible via an array of industry specific JSON-based API’s including but not limited to: encrypted communication, …

2 Likes

Greetings @JohnMark,

Thank you, it was a great team effort! We do support data storage with state registers for holding various types of data including accounts, tokens, names, and assets. One can also leverage external storage for files, videos or anything else and protect them with a hash, watermark or other identifier that can be validated against the users SigChain. These can be immutable or mutable depending on requirements and monetized with tokens and assets if needed, including shared revenue models.

From a scaling standpoint we currently process approximately 655 TPS (transactions per second), but that should be improved in the next few months and massively next year after our release of Amine - 2nd of three phases to complete our 3D blockchain. Here’s the roadmap if you are interested: https://tech.nexus.io/roadmap

Nexus aims to offer fee-free transactions for the majority. It is free to send NXS/tokens (OP::DEBIT), and in most cases it is free to receive them (OP::CREDIT). Similarly it is free to transfer an asset or other register (OP::TRANSFER) and in most cases it is free to receive ownership (OP::CLAIM).

To maintain security of the network, a transaction fee is applied, regardless of the types of contracts and operations within it, if the user makes more than one transaction in a 10-second period. More information regarding other fees, assets and tokens can be found here: https://tech.nexus.io/guides

Please let me know if you have other questions or need clarification in any direction.

Kind Regards,

ba

2 Likes

Hi John,

I wanted to clarify a bit more on scaling. Nexus is built from the ground up and not another UTXO clone. That said our blocks can hold 32k+ tx per currently with 50 sec block times which equates to 655 tps. If adoption and volume were to increase greatly we could easily drop the block time and increase our tps significantly. Right now it is not necessary and this can result in a bloated chain and major storage implications for no reason. Our sharding implementation will alleviate the negative effects, increase tps significantly additionally and is planned in the Amine phase on our roadmap likely sometime next year. So Nexus will be in the tens to hundreds of thousands for tps depending on the number of shards applied, theoretically.

We should have more guides, examples and clarified instructions for the plugin and Nexus overall very soon.

Cheers,

ba

2 Likes

Hi All,

I am looking to create a workflow where the metadata from a file (likely video file) uploaded using the standard file uploader is stored on a private Nexus blockhain network, using the Nexus plugin - i.e. one block per metadata extracted per file. The metadata would then be hashed.

Would this be feasible and if so, what would be the rough process?

Thanks in advance.

Many thanks

1 Like

Hi Kevin,

On a private network, it would be feasible as there is no fee. Cost on the public network exclusively is currently prohibitive for large data sets: 1 NXS per KB. There is also a hybrid feature we have in pilot with private data and public security. Additionally, we are working on an economical tokenized distributed storage solution where spare storage can be leased however this is still a ways out.

The Assets API can be used to stored data on the chain. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Cheers, ba

FYI… We also have a file system api under development that will include metadata file integrity functionality and then some.

And welcome to the bubble community!

Thanks for the quick response ba, appreciate it. The file system API sounds like exactly what I need.

I anticipate I will be in touch with further queries.

Kevin

1 Like

It’s presumibly a great job and I’d like to thank you all for this plugin to have become reality.

I’d like to do some play around and see what can be done and how, and I cannot see clear instructions on how to work with this plugin in Bubble. Is there anywhere I can find some example or playground so that I can get familiar on usage?

Thank you very much indeed.

1 Like

Hi Elon3,

Thank you for the kind words, it has been a tremendous team effort to get to where we are today! Our instructions can certainly be improved and there are many ways to use the plug in, with a private node, nexus public testnet and mainet (will incur native token cost). I’ve seen some of the other popular plug-in tutorials and we are not quite there yet, especially from a backend perspective (but we are working on this). Is this what you are looking for?

Did you see the demo site on the original post https://nexus-api-test.bubbleapps.io/ ?

Cheers,

ba

FYI… In case you’re a space fan: https://medium.com/@NexusOfficial/a-new-internet-the-nexus-protocol-6ee1e7f533ad

@renatoasse vi que vc tava falando sobre open banking, olha uma forma legal de assegurar informações de contas. Rola smart contract aqui.

1 Like

For those who are challenged like me, google translated to Portuguese :slight_smile:

@mcampello said:
"I saw that you were talking about open banking, look at a legal way to ensure account information. Roll smart contract here. "

@mcampello ,

contratos inteligentes são a única maneira de voar! A Nexus desenvolveu uma estrutura única para contratos inteligentes e um blockchain que é capaz de atender às demandas de escalonamento da cadeia. Coisas enormes no horizonte, fique de olho!

English version:
smart contracts are the only way to fly! Nexus has developed a unique framework for smart contracts and a blockchain that is capable of meeting scaling demands on chain. Huge things on the horizon, keep an eye out!

Please pardon any errors.

Cheers,

ba

I am looking to build a list of things on bubble using nexus plugin, can I achieve this?

1. Create the main / admin / source wallet that has all the tokens.
  2. When user creates a new account, by default they get x number of tokens from the main wallet.
  3. Users can transfer tokens among each other through a wallet interface built within my app.
  4. Users can spend tokens on my app for various activities, These tokens either go back to the source wallet or other users’s wallet.
  5. These tokens can be bought or sold on an external exchange if I manage to list my tokens there.

5 is not a priority. But is it possible to build these features using the bubble plugin and existing nexus infrastructure? Please guide me.

1 Like

Hello Bubble community,

thanks for an amazing plugin and offering us the chance to utilise blockchain without the need to deploy contracts ourselves.

I would be interested to learn if the API offers what @sohaan_gd mentioned as well.

In terms of interoperability, you will build a bridge to the Ethereum network at some point, right?
I would be interested in creating an ERC-20 compliant token that users can use within my small APP ecosystem.

How secure is the blockchain. Did you have 51% attacks before?

Hi
Regarding the question of @sohaan_gd

1. Yes
  2. Yes there is a workflow possible to achieve this.
  3. Yes
  4. Yes
  5. This depends if the exchange supports nexus tritium or not. Same is valid for every other blockchain. If they list the main blockchain the token listing should work too.

We have a whole new complexity of contracts getting ready with augmented contracts that are going to be released with tritium ++ later this year.

Regarding your question @cryptoinwestorka

A bridge to ethereum would only be for projects who want to migrate from eth to nexus, like the bridge waa made for potcoin to migrate.
We don’t aim to make 2 way bridge with eth since their network is slow and expensive.

The question is why you want to create an erc 20 compliant token? Tokens are so much simpler and cheaper to create with nexus. You can also create NFTs on nexus with the same simplicity.

A 51% attack on nexus would be pretty tough to manage on nexus, cause we have 3 channels, two PoW and one PoS. So it would be a pretty costly attack. Cause you would need to dominate the mining and own 51% of all Nexus. Nexus isnt a new blockchain. Started in 2014, so there is already a lot of experience in the whole functionality and security. We have also an audit that was made by an independent security company.

For all apis that are currently available you can fimd here:

We had on Friday some nice presentations. 1 was a bubble demo, 3 projects that already using bubble. And also a very nice demo of our developer Kendal how easy it is to create tokens and tokenize assets via nexus.

Youtube link:

In general i would be glad to answer any more indeep question about nexus amd what you can do.

Easiest plus is that you can create with nexus for every user an entry on our blockchain that is tied to the user’s signature chain. You don’t need to manage the tokens. They are all stored on the bloclchain. And the username, password and pin is the entry to the personal signature chain on nexus.

It is a blockchain coded from the ground so not comparable to any other blockchain right now.

If you want to talk about more concrete solutions or the Usecase just mail me:

Nino@nexus.io

Best regards,
Nino

4 Likes

Thanks a ton for this detailed explanation.

Few days after posting my question I read the api documents and was easily able to integrate everything I asked for in a matter of a weekend. Dint use plugin but did it with the api itself as I am more comfortable with that.

Love the work nexus has done and is doing.

1 Like

Hey Nexus team,

Were currently trying to test your plugin out on a test app, and on your demo app however were having issues connecting to the servers on the following -

http://testnet.nexus.io:8080/
http://testnet.nexus.io:8070/

Any help would be appreciated

Hi @sohaan_gd and team. Excited to get going with this! Having the same issue as @joseph2 here though. Any help?

Hi @joseph2 and @dtry101 there was an update made to the plugin from amanda:

ATTENTION BUBBLE DEVELOPERS:

I have just pushed an update to the nexus plug-in that defaults to the testnet server instead of mainnet…

If you update the plugin and are using mainnet for your dapp, you will need to change the server port back to http://api.nexus.io:8080 on all workflow action and data calls.

This update is not a mandatory update - if your DApp uses mainnet and there are too many api calls to go in and change, you do not need to worry about it right now. just know that when the major update comes out - you will have to update them then!

The only call that DOES NOT default to testnet is the finance/debit/account, because there is no nxs on the testnet server. Please use caution when working with that call.

I know a few people were having issues creating a sigchain and logging it in in the same workflow - I believe I got that fixed as well. I reinitialized a handful of calls to hopefully prevent those issues from happening.

Again - The plugin will have more updates coming with the upcoming codebase releases. Throughout the next few days I will be working on updating the documentation as well. If you notice any bugs, please DM them to me or @ me in this chat so I can take a look at them in the plugin and see if I can get them fixed up.

Have a great day everyone!

1 Like

Also to add here testnet for developers was changed to

http://private.nexus.io:8070/

The other testnets will be reserved for mainnet updates

Also I suggest joining our telegram developers group for discussions and fast responses on issues:

Kind regards,
Nino