[New Plugin] Compare my Text

Hello all,

We’ve just released a small plugin that allows you to compare two sets of texts and see what has been added and/or removed between the two.

You can install the plugin here

You can see demo here

Instructions are simple, after installing the plugin and placing the plugin element onto a page:

1. Set the “Previous Text”, this is the original text to compare to. It is recommended to be a dynamic value

2. Set the “New Text”, this is the updated text that is being compared to the “Previous Text”

3. You can now use “Converter’s value” as a dynamic value onto a text element to see the difference between new and previous text.

You can also customize the colors and/or display the removed text

3 Likes

Thanks for making this. Very useful for text editing applications.

1 Like

Hello,

We installed your plug-in and we have a lot of issues.

In some cases, the text is cut but the color is not applied and it shows the color tag. Same with the new text, the text is bold but the color is not applied and I have the color tag at the beginning and at the end.

In other cases, it doesn’t show the entire deleted text or the new text is mixed with the deleted text.

Please check the uploaded photos and let us now how we can fix this. I really need this plug in.

Thank you!

Hi there, thanks for trying out the plugin. I think it is BB code issue, we’ll take a look!

Hello,

Thank you for reviewing the issue.

We are waiting for your answer.

Thank you!

Hello, any news about the issue?

Thank you!

Hello?

1. “In other cases, it doesn’t show the entire deleted text or the new text is mixed with the deleted text.” - This is how the plugin works, there are no issues here. But we’ve added an updated to differentiate modes: By Chars, By Words, By Sentences.

2. “In some cases, the text is cut but the color is not applied and it shows the color tag. Same with the new text, the text is bold but the color is not applied and I have the color tag at the beginning and at the end.” - to fix this you can omit bbcode tags.

For further support, please reach out to plugins@hilltribesolutions.com