[New Plugin] Facebook Pixel + All Standard and Custom Events for Tracking and Retargeting

Hi all!

Struggling with installing Facebook Pixels on your site to track conversions, and leads or to use for marketing or retargeting?

I created a Facebook Pixel + Events plugin that lets you set up all the following events with dynamic data
AddPaymentInfo
AddToCart
AddToWishlist
CompleteRegistration
Contact
CustomizeProduct
Donate
FindLocation
InitiateCheckout
Lead
Purchase
Schedule
Search
StartTrial
SubmitApplication
Subscribe
ViewContent
Custom Events

It also lets you create Custom Events to help boost your marketing!

3 Likes

Very useful @sitebuilder

Bookmarked :smiley:

2 Likes

How can we set this up with facebook? Also, how can we set this up with conversion API?

Here’s the instructions to set up the tracking. To send events to the conversion API simply trigger the purchase related events. For example, addToCartButton or Purchase

How to create your Meta Pixel

• Go to Events Manager in Facebook here: Facebook
  • Click Connect Data Sources and select Web.
  • Select Meta Pixel and click Connect.
  • Add your Pixel name.
  • Enter your website URL to check for easy setup options.
    Click Continue.

Once you’ve created your Meta Pixel, you’re ready to put the pixel code on your website. For instructions on how to do this, choose the manual setup option:

• Go to Events Manager.
  • Click the Data sources icon on the left side of the page.
  • Select the Pixel you want to set up.
  • Click Continue Pixel Setup.
  • Select Meta Pixel and click Connect.
  • Select Install code manually.
  • Identify the Pixel ID in the code snippet and copy it to add to the plugin

Setting up the plugin

• Go to the plugin page in your app
  • Add the Pixel ID to the settings

Triggering Events

• Figure out what events you want to track
  • As part of your workflows Trigger Events and add custom data to be sent to facebook

For a Reference for all Standard Events here:

FOR CUSTOM EVENTS

• Same as the others but includes a required “Event Name” Field

TO TEST

DEMO APP
Editor: Sbng-plugin-testing | Bubble Editor
Demo: https://sbng-plugin-testing.bubbleapps.io/facebook_track

I should install the code to headers of specific pages right? Not “Shared Headers”?

No need to install the code. You can just add the pixel ID to the plug-in settings and it will add it to all your pages

We do not need to generate new token for the Conversion API to work?

The conversion API is a server-side technology so you should only use it for backend workflows. This plugin for now only triggers client-side events. I’ll look into adding the conversion API in the future

how far in the future?

I’m booked for the next few weeks but will try to squeeze it in during the holidays

I am calling pixel events the old way, I added pixel code in my editor body script from SEO/metatags in the setting, and now calling events with run javascript.

I also need to run an event from the backend. I wonder if I should only call the event in the Node script section and return the type as a test.

or I have to add pixel base code here? too.

any suggestion?

You don’t need to add the pixel code in the editor. Simply add the Pixel ID (15 digit number) in the settings in the plugin

I have purchased your plug-in, how do I set dynamic data to be put into the FB pixel?

My intention is to allow my users to install their respective FB pixels on each of their own pages

At the moment I don’t think Bubble allows dynamic data in plugin parameters. Unfortunately, I don’t have the bandwidth to modify the plug-in to have this functionality right now.