[New plugin] Fully Customizable Table / Grid

Hi @peter19

As it is not possible to bundle paid plugins inside templates and I don’t want the user to be surprised with a paid plugin when they have acquired the template, I don’t use paid plugins inside my templates. So, if you want to add this plugin to a template it will be a separate purchase :slight_smile:

1 Like

so nice, didn’t know that.

sorry, I really searched but there’s so much posts in this thread !

I did the thing by give a color to my tasks.

But can’t get le label in the middle of the cell. I tried to center the div with no success. If you have an idea ?

No worries, thanks, I purchased the addon.

Follow up question regarding the way that the table gets the data from the database: Will it be slow if each column is using the “Search for Table datas” method (from your example)? Or does bubble optimize the request?

@peter19 In my experience, when using multiple similar ‘do a search for’ actions, Bubble will optimise it and it will be quite speedy! I suppose that there is some caching goining on :slight_smile:

Hi Thimo,

first of all thank you for the amazing plugin and the incredible support here.

I have been trying to make changes to a DB entry, displayed in the table. I started by putting the “clicked cell data” into an input field in a popup. Then I tried to update/overwrite the received value by using “make changes to a thing” but couldn’t find a way of connecting back to the selected cell i the DB.

Is this just simply not possible or am I missing something here? Maybe another way around?

Would really appreciate some input on this :slight_smile:

Hi @jannis.hellwig

It is possible to get the data entry from a row by using the ID data:

The demo page showcases how to set the data source for a popup using this ID data:

You after that refer to the data source of the popup to edit the database entry like you would normally do with popups.

You can see it for your self here: Pluginpreview | Bubble Editor :slight_smile:

Hey Thimo,

thank you for the quick help! With some trial & error I managed to implement an update function, but it seems to be more complicated than necessary :wink:
Atm I will have to set this up for each data field in the table:

This would probably make the app heavier than needed. Any hint on how I can achieve this in one step?

Hey Thimo, how can i add buttons and trigger workflow with those individual buttons in the cell?

@jannis.hellwig For now the technique displayed on the demo page is the way to handle this. I my experience it always performed quite well. If I come across of any other way of doing this I will definitely share it with you! :slight_smile:

@gaurav.prajapati In cell buttons are at this time not (yet) supported. I am looking into if I can add a feature like this to the plugin, so hopefully I can add it in a future update. The demo page does have a link and row/cell clicked example for you to look into in the meantime. Hopefully that could be helpful to you for now (:

@thimo I think in version 2.20 where the columns now default to 200 px wide the option to specify the min width to something other than 200 is missing from the element inspector (or if it is I can’t see it!)

Hi @lindsay_knowcode

You can find the field here:

Did you refresh the editor after upgrading the plugin? New fields only show up after a refresh :slight_smile:

Ahhh you are right refresh editor - duh! All good now. You might want to mention somewhere that 2.20 default 200 px could be a “breaking” change if your table layout previously relied on the minimum width being < 200 px.

Cheers and awesome support as always

Hey @Thimo - do you know if it’s possible to display a list of items in one of the fields? I’ve got a table record that has one field (Actions) that is a list of texts, and I’d like to display them in the table. Right now, it just shows the entire set with the commas showing:

Hi @steve18

When you use a field that is a list of texts, the items of the list will be displayed with a comma separator like you can see in column 6 of the demo page. Could you give me a bit more detail of what you would like to see instead?

Hi @Thimo . Thanks for getting back to me. I think just a bulleted list would be good…

Hey @Thimo,

You’ve done a great work. Was just wondering if I can concatenate two columns e.g. I’ve user profile pictures and their names as two separate columns but I want them to be displayed in a single column.

Would it be possible to add HTML/BBcode editing to the index and checkbox columns as well as the column headers?

Hi @sydney22 Sorry for the late reply, column headers and the checkbox column is at this time not (yet) possible. It is possible for the index column and I have just pushed an update that adds this functionality (update 2.21.0)!

2021-06-01 om 21.09.03

2 Likes

No worries- awesome, I’ll check it out! I forgot to ask in my last post but maybe others are experiencing the same: is there a workaround for formatting currency? Bubble’s built-in :formatted as function works fine for the formatting part, but numbers are then evaluated as texts which hinders accurate sorting. I’m using ${{value}} in the HTML/BBcode section but would like to add commas.

@Thimo I noticed that using conditionals creates errors and causes custom HTML/CSS to load incorrectly if you switch to another tab while the table is loading, and sometimes on first load before performing a page refresh. I have my table set up to optionally load certain columns based on what the user wants to see. You can see this error pop up in debug mode once the page loads and see it happen when previewing. It will chalk up all of the raw HTML and CSS for each cell. This applies to both putting HTML and CSS in a text field AND just putting plain text in a text field with CSS in the HTML/BB Code box. Let me know what you find out and if you can fix that. It’s a major feature I’m planning to implement.