[New plugin] Fully Customizable Table / Grid

Great plugin, looks great in my app.

Is it possible to set a default sort (ascending/descending)?

i.e. I’m displaying a list of a users transactions - I’d like the transactions to be displayed with the most recent ones first - at the moment it’s automatically displaying the most recent ones last.

Is there any way to set it?

Hi @adamhholmes! Great to hear you like the plugin!

You can use Bubble to sort your data. For example when you are doing a search for data you have the option to sort the list:

NOTE: Make sure to sort all your searches of data the same way (including the ID data if you use it).

This way your data will be sorted the way you want it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, great plugin indeed.
By checking the demo I understood how to display dynamic data in a pop up, but I don’t know how to do it in another page: I click on an Invoice row and I go to the Invoice detail page. Any idea?

Thx!

Hi @bubble28!

There are multiple ways to do this. I have created a demo page for you with I think the easiest way:

Demo: https://pluginpreview.bubbleapps.io/table_send_data
Editor: https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=table_send_data&id=pluginpreview&tab=tabs-1

Update 1.3.0 contains some improvements for this so I recommend to update the plugin first :slight_smile:

Update 1.3.0

1 - You have now the option to stretch the search bar to 100% width of the table.

2 - Added the option to specify the border radius of the search bar.

3 - Minor improvements for the ‘cell or row is clicked’ event

Don’t forget to refresh your editor after upgrading

Thanks Thimo for saving me much time ! Would it be possible to change the wordings : “previous”, “next”, placeholder “type…”, “Showing 1 to 6 of 6 results” ?

Hi @mathieu.montecot! This is not possible in the current version of the plugin, but I will look into if I can implement such a feature in next updates :slight_smile:

BREAKING UPDATE 2.0.0

I have re-build the way the plugin accepts and handles data from the ground up. This will greatly improve the table (e.g. you can now show lists inside cells). Keep in mind that when you upgrade you will have to re-assign your data to the plugin for your table to work again.

2020-07-28 om 12.51.26

Update 2.1.0

Added the feature to export the data from the table as a .CSV file! You can see it in action on the demo page :rocket:

2 Likes

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

You are the BOOOOOSSSSS! One of the best plugis and devs EVA!

Upgrading!

1 Like

@Thimo Amazing! Your plugins are so awesome! And you absolutely Rock! One of the best BUBBLE Devs out there.

3 Likes

Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

Update 2.2.0 & 2.3.0

1 - Added the option to replace all the labels in the table with your own text!

2 - Minor improvements.

Just bought the plugin. Looks great! Will there be support for showing linked things? I have companies and contacts, and a field in the company thing for a billing contact. When I show that field in the table, I get “[object Object]” instead of the contact name. This happens also with an address field. If I change the column type to Contact and search like this:

I get the following error:

1 Like

Hi @blake1, while testing nested things I noticed this error too and pushed a fix (Update 2.4.0)!

You will get the message [object, Object] when you are trying to display an object (a thing inside a thing) and not a text. Your way, with ‘Contact’ as the column type, should be working now with this update. You can also do the following when using nested things:

Data type: text
Data source: Search for Companys’s Billing contact’s Full Name

Make sure you sort/filter the search the same way across your table :slight_smile:

@Thimo Great plugin and support :point_up_2:

I’m a bit new and could be overlooking it, but I am not seeing how to set a single data source for an entire table. I don’t need the flexibility to set different data sources for each col, but I need to create a bunch of tables, each of which have the same, filtered data source. Setting the data source for each col actually reduces my flexibility because now I have to make a change in a lot of places if my data source changes.

Am I missing something or other suggestions? I also tried to set my data with another element and then refer to it at the col level (thinking this would save me some time), but I couldn’t get that to work.

Thanks again

Hi @statslastnight!

You should be able to do that with a custom state. I have created a demo for you: Pluginpreview | Bubble Editor

This is the custom state I used:

You will have to set that custom state on page load and you can use it as your data source.
Tip: Because a custom state doesn’t have data right away, you can hide the table and show it (when data is available) using the following condition to improve your UX :slight_smile: :

1 Like

Update 2.5.0

Fixed a bug regarding undefined values inside the table when using the CSV export action.

@Thimo, is it possible to add a column that is a list of things? I have a database called “Listings”, and each listing contains a list field, which is a list of segments from the “Segments” database.

Hi @jwtuckr! Nested lists of things are unfortunately not supported in this version of the plugin. But, nested lists of texts are supported :slight_smile: