[New plugin] Fully Customizable Table / Grid

@rob20 you should be able to do something like that using the ‘Calculation example’ on the demo page (Column 9) / the ‘combination of fields’ example (Column 10)! :slight_smile:

Thanks, but I’m still not sure how to do this. In your example, the data source for the column is “Table datas”. Imagine there was another table, like “Extra Info”, and for each cell in the “Extra” column, you need to Do a search for “Extra Info”, where the table_data field = current cell’s value, i.e. table data’s unique ID.

I tried creating Dynamic content in the HTML/BB code section, searching for my other table where ID = Arbitrary Text, with the arbitrary text being {{value}}, but that doesn’t seem to work.

In short, I need to use the current cell’s value in a search.

@rob20 You can refer to your current cells value using the method I send. I have created an example for you. Column 1 shows a way to refer to another table!

I have also included another example (if you want to change your data structure): Column 2 shows a much simpler way to do that by having the other data type be part of the data type you are searching for.

Demo: Pluginpreview | Bubble Editor

I get it now - you do the 2nd search within the Format as Text node. Thanks!

It looks great!

Hi @Thimo just bought your awesome plugin. I’m trying to work out my edit page approach as I have several of these maintenance pages to build.

Two questions. First, I was trying to implement two row button actions, Edit and Delete. When I used the workflow condition to look for the clicked button column name, but it never fires the second button. Are two buttons supported?

I also tried doing a button and selecting the row. The button action doesn’t supersede the row action, so you wind up getting both actions at once. Otherwise, my delete could be a button and clicking the row would bring up edit.

So, I thought I’ll implement a checkbox to allow the user to delete multiple records at once. I’m struggling on how to best set this up as I see how the list is sent from the table but not how to do a deletion over a list of records.

I’ll take any solution at this point. Do you have examples with multiple buttons or row and button or using checkboxes to do a mass deletion? I’d be curious to see how others are doing this.

Thank you for saving me a ton of time with the rest!
–Treb

Hey @Thimo, I finally figured out the issue with the two-button approach and it’s a bit of a head scratcher.

It seems if you name the column Delete or Remove, it doesn’t work. I tried naming the column Clear and it worked with no other changes. Are Delete and Remove as column names reserved words?

–Treb

@Thimo Hi, has anyone had an issue on the new resonsive engine? because i have just bought the plugin and it doesnt seem to load (i’ve tried with even a single column of data)

Basically what’s happening is that once the page is loaded, everything sees like it’s loaded, but then about 1-2 seconds later it all disappears, and goes into a “loading” state:

It never shows the data again until page-reload, at which point it disappears again, if i copy this same element to a non-responsive engine page, it’ll load fine, please advise … thanks!

Hi @taylor1, this should not happen. I will send you a PM so we can take a better look!

Hey Thimo, I’m having the same issue as the above! I’m happy to add you as an editor into my project so you can take a look. I have tried with only one column as well.

Edit: I’ve tinkered around, and it appears to only be a problem when I’m calling one of the default fields (creation date, modified date, created by etc). These values are present in the database so not sure why it’s not working. I don’t really need it for my project, but maybe this’ll help track down a bug.

Hi @georgecollier! Could you send me a screenshot of how you are calling these fields? As these are date fields, you should be formatting those as texts like this (screenshot from the demo page):

My mistake, this solves it. Thank you!

I am seeing really odd behavior, I am attempting to get the selected ids from the data table because I use these to take action on the selected ids. When I click on the check box it seems to be “one click behind”. So when I click a check box and it is “checked” I don’t see the id of that row in the selected ids. when I click it again to clear the check I do. This repros using the plugin pages demo. I am on Chrome but it also repros on Edge. Other data like clicked row is accurate. See video…

Note, this seems to be a recent development as I have been using this table in a number of places and only saw this behavior today. In my own app I have tried the latest version of the plugin. I would assume the plugin’s own demo page is on the latest version as well?

Do you have a row with an empty value in any of the columns? If you haven’t set your table up to allow for this it can make the data misalign (I learnt this the hard way).

No empty (misaligned) data. The video I took that repros the issue is using the plugin’s own demo page, not my code fyi.

@mike31 I think this is just how to debugger works. I am seeing this as-well, but the actual state is showing the correct data. So I think that the debugger is just behind because it only updates when you click on the table (and the state is updated after that happens):

@Thimo Yes - I think you are right. I actually had a different issue that I was able to fix but when I was investigating it and looking at the debugger it seemed the plugin was “behind” when it came to the checked id list. All good now though, no issue w/the plugin.

Hello @Thimo . First off, love your plugin. Simply amazing work.

We’re having an issue with the ‘cell or row is clicked’ action when applying filters to the grid.

The row click logic works perfectly upon first load, column sorts, and keyword searches. However, when we filter the grid using dropdowns, while the grid itself changes perfectly to reflect the filters, the data that appears in the popup is for a completely different record.

Based on our troubleshooting, it appears that the ID Data isn’t being updated so we get a mismatch between the Clicked ID and the unique ID. When using the debugger, the Clicked ID refers to the originally unfiltered list, but the row/cell data all looks fine.

We followed the demo page setup pretty much exactly (i.e. ID Data logic, click workflow, etc.), but to no avail. Again, the only difference is that we are applying outside filters to the grid data.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Fred

Hi @fbrown!

Are you also applying the same filters to the data source for the ID data? If you do not apply the same filter to this data source, it will stay the same and not run in sync with the rest of the table data.

Regards,
Thimo

Thanks @Thimo . I actually just did that this morning and it worked perfectly. Just needed to add my filter constraints to the ID Data. Thanks so much for your response and this great plugin!