[New Plugin] Image Compressor by EzCode

Hi @ezdev, can you make it available also for the action ‘Multiple Upload to S3’?

EDIT:

• Another thing, I can’t seem to find the action/event for “AWS S3 uploaded URL list for multiple”? Also File names for this.

@ezdev I have a question in addition to the request above.

If you upload multiple photos to your own AWS S3 and do not indicate a filename, will it use the current file name of the file you chose? If it happens that you upload similar names, AWS S3 will overwrite the file. To avoid that problem this, choosing our own file names then append something will gladly help. But is not available in List feature for save to own S3. :frowning:

@ezdev @eazycode Sorry for multiple tags. Another request, will you support file compression and thumbnail creation thru backend for multiple files?

Use Case:

• I’m trying to migrate all my photos stored in Bubble File Manager to my own AWS S3.
  • All photos stored in bubble don’t have thumbnail because bubble is using imgix to serve thumbnails to browsers, but will not work if file is in your own AWS S3.
  • Now I’m planning to schedule a recurring workflow in the backend for each photo to transfer to AWS S3. This will be done in this sequence:
    — (1) Search for “Photos’ URL” to be uploaded > (2) generate thumbnail and compress image from a URL > (3) Upload to AWS S3 (result of step 2) > (4) change “Photos’ URL” to result of step 3
    NOTE: I have “Photos” thing/data type in database then a field URL for that to refer to the photo.

I hope you see this one. Thank you @eazycode @ezdev!

Hi @ezdev ,

I love the plugin but just struggling with thumbnails. I have managed to upload to file manager both the compressed image and the thumbnail. When I remove both the image and thumbnail from my item, that works fine but when I check the file manager, only the image gets deleted and not the thumbnail (using the “delete an uploaded file”). What am I doing wrong and how do I delete the thumbnail from the file manager?

Look forward to your advice

Julian

Hi @julian.mcneill , thank You for Your warm words! For better understanding can you share screenshots of Workflow?

Going to try my best @eazycode to put it all in a way that makes sense lol:

Once the multiple images have been compressed I set the state for my image upload screen to “Selected Images” and “Selected Thumbnails” as per below.

Picture1

Once images are reviewed, I then upload the “Selected Images”

Picture2

I also then upload the “Selected Thumbnails”

Picture3

I then make the necessary change to the Thing (Model in this case) and add both the list of images and the list of thumbnails. This completes the upload process and everything is fine up until here.

Picture4

Now is where I am having some trouble. When I do the image removal, I can delete both the Images and the thumbnails from the Thing (The Model). However, when I check the File Manager, the images have been deleted but the thumbnails still remain no matter what I do.

Remove Images from thing:

Picture5

Delete Image files from File Manager:

Picture6

Remove Thumbnails from Thing:

Picture7

Delete Thumbnails from File Manager (This is what is not working)

Picture8

Hope this all makes sense and gives you the information you need.

Regards

Julian

Hi @julian.mcneill, thank You, for Your extended answer. You can try to “Clear List” in Your Repeating Group.
image (2)

Hi @eazycode ,

Slight misunderstanding. I am not having any issues deleting the thumbnail from the “Thing”, I am having a problem deleting the thumbnail from the File Manager. The “Delete Uploaded File” that is used to delete the item from the File Manager is not working for thumbnails.

The “Clear List” function will just clear the list from the repeating group and not delete the data in the File Manager

Many thanks

1 Like

hello @julian.mcneill, this error in "Delete Uploaded File " is, as finally understood, on bubble side here are some helpful links, for resolving it:

Hello @eazycode , I have a quick question and a request here.

“Thumbnail” is always created with jpeg no matter what format you upload, is this correct?

Maybe I’m the rare case here but I’m using the thumbnail output as antitheft for the creator’s arts and photos instead of exposing the bigger size images, and I just realized compressor only allows to convert images to jpeg. So my request here is, do you think you can make an option for the thumbnail which allows to produce other formats?

Btw, your image compression is working perfectly for me now except the problem I mentioned above, huge thanks for your great work.

@ezcode, I figured out that I can use “compress from URL a compressor” option for my problem. It says “URL” on the label but it can actually load image from another compressor so, I set up two compressors and when [compressor A is done] I send the “uncompressed image” to compressor B. This way I can get two different compressed image with different setting.

If someone figured out better way please let me know. Cheers.

Hey @ambivalent.corp, thanks for reaching out

Glad to announce that our plugins now are under @ZeroqodeSupport @ZeroqodeTeam

About future updates think @levon can tell you a bit more

I appreciate that you get the plugin and it helps you

Regards Pavel @ EazyCode team.

1 Like

Hi @ambivalent.corp,
Thank you for your message and for using the Image compressor and uploader Plugin.

We are glad you found a workaround that suits your particular use case.

Should you have any other questions related to the plugin or any other inquiries, don’t hesitate to get in touch. We are always available to assist you. :blush:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

1 Like

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport @eazycode

I have a question regarding the thumbnail generated whenever an image is compressed. After an img is compressed, I’m uploading the compressed img and after the compressed img is uploaded, I store it in my database in one data field and, in this same action, I store the compressed thumbnail base 64 in another data field. Even though I’m able to access both images in my app, the thumbnail img seems to have no URL linked to it. So, I’m wondering how can it appear on my app, if this img doesn’t reference any file on the file manager?

I’ve tried uploading not only the compressed image but also the compressed thumbnail; however, when I want to use the event ‘a compressor image uploaded’ to store both the img and the thumbnail in my database, I only see the option to store the URL of the image. How could I make sure the thumbnail which I store in my database is referenced to a file in my file manager so it doesn’t get deleted later on?

1 Like

Hi @jdalimaldonado

Thank you so much for reaching out.

In order for us to test your use case and see what the issue is, could you please provide some screenshots of how you set up the plugin, the workflow and database connected to it. Anything that you think might be important, you can send us also.

Hope to hear back from you soon :hugs:

1 Like

@ZeroqodeSupport

Hello @jdalimaldonado and @shu.teopengco,

We genuinely appreciate your suggestions.

Our development team will be evaluating the feasibility of implementing these improvements. Should we integrate these changes into the plugin, we’ll make sure to notify you both.

Wishing you all a fantastic week ahead! :hugs:

Hey @ezdev @ZeroqodeSupport ! Love the plugin. Do you see it feasible to have a way to also customize the watermark font? that would be great

Bonus: that watermark could be an image too

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @jmbarquet,

Thank you for reaching out!

We’re pleased to inform you that we’ve taken your suggestion into account and have initiated an improvement request. Our developers will assess the feasibility of incorporating these features into our upcoming plugin updates. Rest assured, we will keep you informed regarding the implementation of the features you’ve requested.

Should you have any further questions, concerns, issues, or additional suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact us either here on the forum or directly via email at support@zeroqode.com.

Wishing you an amazing day! :blush::star2:

Hi @jmbarquet,

We’re pleased to inform you that a new update for the Image Compressor and Uploader plugin has been released. This update includes a new feature that allows users to choose the font for the watermark.

However, I regret to inform you that adding an image as a watermark is not currently supported by the plugin’s library. Nonetheless, our developers recommend using our Imgix Image Processing plugin, as it offers the functionality you’ve requested.

We encourage you to try out the new update and provide us with your feedback.

Cheers! :hugs:

1 Like