🚀[NEW PLUGIN] Table / Grid "Tabulator"

• Oh, thank you for reminding me. I completely forgot about filters.
    I fixed it.
  • While creating the plugin, we wanted to make it possible to connect an unlimited number of columns and so that each column could be individually configured. And in order to achieve this, I had to abandon support for linked tables. And unfortunately, you will not be able to connect a table using a link to another table.
  • I added this feature to the date and number columns.
    You can set up two separate conditions and choose the color and width of the text.
  • number_col:
    select formatter type - condition
    Image 12

and then set up the conditions.

-date_col
reference_value parameters must be entered in the format ‘YYYY-MM-DD’
if you connect, for example, Current date / time, then you need to format it in Simplified extended ISO

I have connected the sample on the main demo page.

• Added this feature.

If you want to open the generated file in a new browser tab rather than downloading it straight away. This allows you to preview the resulting PDF in a new browser tab.
Tabulator has no control over how browsers handle the opening of files in new browser tabs, depending on the browser and its configuration some files may open smoothly in a new tab, others may trigger a download prompt.

Please update the plugin to version 1.4.0

Dear @MindForApps
Thank you for your detail answer.
I will update the plugin, regarding the linked data, I will include a new field with the text info I need to show, so I think it is not a big issue.

Sorry to bother you, but I have two additional questions:

1. Is it possible to show a list of text in a field? For example I have type A, B and C (they are fixed values) and I have some elements that are typ A nd B, so I need to display this list of text.
  2. Is it possible to include different font color for the text, as you implemented for numbers and dates? It would be really useful for different states data: for example: OK (green), Critical (red), and so on.

Once again thank you. I really appreciate your help.

Sorry, it is me again. I just tested and it is much better.

I just have some few comment:

1. The date gets the color just if the format is YYYY-MM-DD, but locally we use DD-MM-YYYY, do you think it is possible to change it?

2. I forgot to mentioned one additional traslation: the boolean options. I think the must simple way is: true (si), false (no).

That is all for today, thanks a lot.

HI @MindForApps,
Sorry but the 3 points does not show when I select header menu.
Is there any other setup I have to defined?

You choose the format that you need.
“YYYY-MM-DD” is for Reference value.
Image 19

I’ll see what I can do about it.

Yes, I think it can be added.

want to clarify if I understood you correctly.

You have a text box of type List of Texts in your table (db).
Image 16

And the table cell contains a list of text items.
Image 17

And you want this list to appear in a tabulator cell.
Image 18

Did I understand you correctly?

And you want this list to appear in a tabulator cell.
Image 18

Yes, you are right. How could I do it?

Sorry, I just realized you have another plugin for tables.
Is it more advanced?

Yes, we have another table plugin.
https://plugin-preview.bubbleapps.io/version-test/grid/Lorem%20ipsum…?debug_mode=true
I would not say that he is more advanced.
It doesn’t have many features.
It has a completely different functionality.

I looked and think I can add this capability to this plugin.

Excellent news, thanks

1. Could you tell me how to show the HeaderMenu, I setup it, but it does not appear in my tables.

2. Is it possible to show a Group Focus when I click an image in a table?,
    so I can show a menu for every row in the table.

Thanks

1 Like

Hey!
Oh, sorry. Yes I know. Yesterday I made a translation broke the header menu. As they say, I fixed old bugs and added new bugs.
But I’ve already fixed everything, but will post a new version of the plugin in a few hours. I just want to immediately add the ability to display a list of texts there.

No, unfortunately this is not available.

Thanks @MindForApps,

I want to share an option to include a basic menu for every row, maybe it can help to others.
I have pending to control its position, but I am working on it (any idea would be welcome).

Bellow a description of how to do it.

1. Creating a “Group reference” type text

2. When a row is click, display the unique id in the “Group reference”

3. Show the GroupFocus
    The GroupFocus Type of content is the same tabulator content.
    And the data Source is a search of the unique id.

Then you can pass the row info to the menu, custom your options (view, edit, copy, delete, download PDF, etc), and control who can see every menu option.

New version 1.5.0

1. fixed a bug with header menu (it was not visible after the last update)
    Image 1

1.added translation of boolean true and false
Image 0

1. added the ability to include “list texts” and “list numbers”
  • list texts
    added cellValueTextList parameter to edit data from tabulator

• list numbers
    added cellValueNumberList parameter to edit data from tabulator
    and for correct operation you need to set formatter = “number”
    Image 5

Connected for viewing on the main demo page.
Image 2

1. Added conditional formatting to highlight information for text columns.
    Image 6
  • two separate conditions can be set.
  • possible conditions: equals, includes, startsWith and endsWith.
  • it is possible to assign the color and width of the text

an example is included on the main demo page.

Image 4

1. Many other small changes in the code

A very interesting solution.
I wanted to do it through a plugin, but only very complex solutions came to mind. I didn’t even think that it could be done like this.
Thanks for sharing.

The new version is excellent.
I will finish testing it tomorrow.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi @MindForApps,

1. Regarding the conditional for the dates, if I changed the format from YYYY-MM-DD, and I have a dynamic date to define the conditional (for example current date), it does not work.
  2. Regarding the true false translation, I could not setup it, is it required a flag for it?
  3. Do you think is possible to know which number of row was clicked, so we can control the position of the Group Focus
  4. Finally, I know you mentioned it does not work to link the data from another, but it is possible or do you have it on your roadmap? I am asking it because it represents to add and mantain additional text fields on every table I have.
    Thanks in advance

To be honest, I do not understand the essence of the problem.
I wrote above that the dynamic date must be represented in the ISO format.

Or am I misunderstanding you?

Set headerFilter = “select”

Image 12

Image 13

This is how it is connected on the demo page.

When initializing the table, each row is assigned a sequential number.
And these numbers are assigned rigidly and do not change anymore.

And, for example, after sorting, the order of the lines will change, but the assigned numbers will not change.

Example:
Image 14

So, when you click on a row, you can get the ordinal number of the row assigned during initialization, but not the current row number.
If this suits you, then I will create a new parameter rowInitId which can be obtained by clicking on the row, like rowUniqueId.

We tried to implement this, but unfortunately without success. We will still try to do this, but there are not very many chances of success. Sorry.

Hi,

I will check carefuly the dates, I think I made a mistake somewhere.

No, it is not necessary; do not worry about it.

I hope you can implement it, it would a hughe differenciator.

As usual, thank you for your detail answer.

@MindForApps @Mind-For-Apps

If I may trouble you with the following questions please:

1. Can regex instructions be performed on text/list of text displayed in the cells eg find&replace ?
  2. If one text is split across many rows, can changes made to a row update (make a change) to the original text to reflect only the edits made?
  3. Is this possible: text from just one column (eg column 2) is saved while column 1 is not saved?
  4. Can a cell expand to text width/size?
  5. Is styling background and text possible?

My use case is I want to create a translation editor where source language segments are displayed in the first column and their translations are typed and saved in the second column, after which the total of all second column’s segments can then be saved as one text field of a thing

At the moment, this feature has not been implemented. Perhaps we will add this in one of the next updates.

To be honest, I do not quite understand what you are talking about. You may be referring to multi-line cells. Then you need to select the formatter = “textarea”
On the test page, this is the “Name” column

If I understand correctly, you mean the prohibition of writing data from the table to the database.

• firstly, individually for each column, you can prohibit or enable data editing.
    Image 23

Well, it’s clear here, choose the type of editor, and if the field is empty, then editing is prohibited, then the data will not change either.

• secondly, even if you allow editing the data, but in the workflow do not set the record of the changed data to the database, then no changes will occur in the database, although the data in the tabulator on the screen will be changed.

On the test page, I only allowed editing for the “Editable” column.
Image 24

Also, in the workflow, I enabled writing data to the database when changing the value in the cells of the “Editable” column

as you can see there is a binding to ColumnTitle and RowUnique_id

For this you can use the “layout” parameter.
You can choose common behavior for all columns.

You can also see how it works on the test page. I have set “layout” = “fitData”

In columns such as text, number and date, you can stylize the color and weight of the text.
You can choose the color and weight of the text depending on the conditions you set in the section “* * conditional formatting to highlight information * *”

You can see this on the test page in the “Name2”, “Age” and “Dob” columns.

Test page:
https://table-grid-tabulator.bubbleapps.io/version-test/tabulator_02?debug_mode=true

Sorry if I misunderstood you in something, then I need more information.