New public beta: Zapier plugin!

You can use the “search for a Bubble thing” action in Zapier to dynamically search for a thing and use that to populate the ID field. :slight_smile:

@telaholcomb @eman Getting this error means that you do not have permission within the app to make changes to data - Zapier permissions for data are based on data permissions within your app. Try requesting higher permissions, and please report back if you’re still having problems afterwards! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m the only admin for my app

This is great to have. Seems like there is a major issue, though. No email for when working on arrays that are not the user (!!).

E.g. 1 user (with 1 email) might have multiple leases, all associated with the email. In Bubble, the email is found in the database (‘Created By’), but in Zapier, it turns that field into a random string that is not useful.!

Will this be resolved anytime soon?

zapier|662x500 bubble database

Hello @sam8,

I´m editing my app and I had a Zapier trigger active before editing, now the Zap has deactivated. Is it because I´m editing the app? I have not even touched the Zapier trigger.

Hey @sam8 !

I’m having an issue with this plugin.

I set up everything as described (Want to send data to a Slack channel).

In Zapier the test works fine and the Slack message I intended is sent correctly using sample data.

However, when I try to do this via my App (workflow trigger Zap), data is not sent. (What’s strange: I configured the Slack message sent to include the slug of the thing I’m sending and only the slug is sent correctly, the rest is not).

In summary:

-Test in Zapier is working, sample data is sent
-In dev version of my app through workflow: Only slug of thing is sent, no other data

This situation is beyond logic to me and I would highly appreciate your help here! I see other users having similar issues: Zapier fields not displaying text

Hi @sam8 ,

I just tested it with publishing photo in IG for business. I have 2 questions:

1. How can I make the choice of IG business account dynamic? For example, users can post their contents in their business IG accounts?
  2. Do we need to sign the users up with their IG profile in order to perform question #1?

Thanks

Hi @max5 , support message from zapier. I did this with gmail and it worked.

" Indeed it’s a bug in Bubble app that we have already reported to them, the field in the editor is {{117352110__user_email_text}} but when running live the field is {{117352110__user email}} and the same for username, the editor is like this: {{117352110__username_text}} but when running live it’s: {{117352110__username}}
You can edit the Zap and add the placeholders I sent you above, it shall work, but I would appreciate it if you file a bug report with Bubble as well, they asked if that’s something you can do for further investigation, you can do it here: Bug Report | Bubble Indeed it’s a bug in Bubble app that we have already reported to them, the field in the editor is {{117352110__user_email_text}} but when running live the field is {{117352110__user email}} and the same for username, the editor is like this: {{117352110__username_text}} but when running live it’s: {{117352110__username}}
You can edit the Zap and add the placeholders I sent you above, it shall work, but I would appreciate it if you file a bug report with Bubble as well, they asked if that’s something you can do for further investigation, you can do it here: Bug Report | Bubble

Hi @cyriltdixon ! Thank you! I filed a bug and it’s already being processed.

Hi @max5 you can substitute the correct query string and it will work immediately. this worked for me

Hi @sam8 - I found another issue with this plugin: Option Sets!

When testing in Zapier all is working fine.

However, through my app, when I am sending an option set value, it does not take over the option set’s correct display.

Strangely it takes an option display that is not even in the current list of options. It may be an older option set display that I have once renamed.

When testing through Zapier:

When testing through my app:

Note that “Management” and “Overview” are the correct option set displays. “management” and “how_to” are not.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Thank you!

Hey @cyriltdixon ! Using field displays instead of IDs (via API settings) also fixed it for me - however, I ran into another problem: Option Set Display Values - See my message below.

Btw: I did file a bug report

How did you get Zapier to recognize your Option Set value?

I keep getting an error that Zapier can’t parse the data as an option set. My option set value is type text and the data I’m sending is text as well.

Anyone else getting this error when using Bubble as the trigger? Zapier doesn’t seem to be able to see my app when it’s the trigger step. I have other Zaps where Bubble is a step other than the trigger and it works fine.

I’ve submitted a bug report but wondering if anyone may have found a solution by now because we have over 1600 member’s we’re trying to update for our launch tomorrow. :grimacing:

Hi @sam8

I have a simple question - is this feature available in the free plan or only Personal plan and above?

Did you get anywhere with this problem, I am get the user ID not the actual email address!

Hi Sam, can you please explain how you configure Bubble to pass a Bubble user to Zapier. I am needing to send an email (through Google) and all I am getting is a Users ID. The way I am doing this is via a Thing. A user creates a Thing in Bubble. That this is has the User attributed to it. So I can get hold of the Thing in Zapier, but not the details of the user that created the Thing (only their ID)

Hopefully that makes sense.

Hi Max - I am having the same issue! Testing it, everything works fine, but in a real trigger scenario, the data doesn’t flow from step 1 of the Zap down to subsequent steps.

Did you ever figure this out?

I am getting the following error while I try to connect with zapier.

I have already added zap to the plugin page:

How can i fix? help please

Hi, there.

I am struggling with Bubble Zap access issue when connecting between bubble and google sheets.
Zapier show below an error message.

Type not found test. Please make sure you've exposed the data API for this type.

I have already fixed below two points.

• Checked API endpoint
  • Copyed the same database between bubble and google sheets

Please share the solution idea if someone solve the same problem.
Thank you!!