Newbie question creating a signup form

Hi all, I’m creating a login / registration form using this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S5FT6eJGKE. At 10 mins he tells you to link the name field in your signup form to the name field in the sign up a user workflow but for some reason I get this issue:

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you,
Guy

Hi there, @guystern… are both the field type of the Full Name field and the content format of the Input Name element set to text?

Best…
Mike

1 Like

Hey Mike,

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I checked and it turned out it was of type User. So I added another field of type Text and called that Full Name instead and now things are working!

A follow-up newbie question. What does the User field called Name (the one I’m pointing to with the green arrow) do?

Thank you!!
Guy

1 Like

Sorry, but I have no idea what that field does in the context of that tutorial. In general, though, having a field of type User on the User data type would probably mean you are going to link a user to another user, but again, I have no idea what’s going on there.

1 Like

Ah yes, looks like I created that field by mistake. I’ve deleted it and all clear now.

Thanks again!! You’re the best. :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

1 Like