OneSignal FREE plugin for FREE and UNLIMITED Push Notifications 📱

MAJOR UPDATE #3 and the last one from me on this page.

The all new, PRO version of the plugin has been released.

You can install it right away, alongside with the old one so that you can copy and paste the codes from within the plugins, with ease. After that, please uninstall the old version.

In order to use the new one, ALL you have to do, after filling in the fields with the data from either the old plugin or from onesignal.com (maybe you missed some on the old plugin so a fresh config would be best), is to go to 20%20PM and then search the list for this element 28%20PM .
Simply draw it on the page or reusable element that you want to get the PID for you.
The size doesn’t matter (and this will be invisible)

It will detect the device type and operating system and it will run the appropriate code to get the PID from that specific device.

Now you can get the PID from this element and save it to the current user, you can add it after login, and remove it after logout. For this you need workflows.

The plugin simply gets you the PID from any device (if you correctly setup the plugin). In order for you to get the PID associated with the user (email address), or as stated above register it to the user after login and remove it after logout (logout not closing the app) you need to create the workflows.

If you have experience you can do this yourself, or you can wait for the video tutorial that will be posted soon.

It has been successfully tested with: Safari, Chrome, Opera, Firefoxx on Laptop/computer and on iOS and Android (SuperView wrappers on both).

I will create a new thread for this plugin where I will publish the updated tutorials, since they won’t work with the current plugin that will remain free with community support.

One more thing, I’ve only tested it with SuperView Wrappers (webviews). You cannot use it for mobile browser, you need a native app or a wrapper like SuperView.

Thank you for this experience and enjoy the plugin!

:microphone:↓⏚ (mic, drop, ground - I’ve dropped the mic :sweat_smile:).

7 Likes

I can confirm, it’s working! Finally… Thank you @mvandrei!

1 Like

I need more details to configure it. In OneSignal there’s a REST API Keys and a User Auth Key. Which one going to Authorization (shared headers)? Safari Web ID (headers)?

The Authorization is Basic (SPACE) rest key. Like Basic Key_righ_here
The https .os.tc is the NOT FULLY HTTPS subdomain that you set on onesignal.
Safari web ID is from safari on onesignal.
The rest, is the onesignal app id.

No PID when loading my page. Trying to save it (empty value). :slight_smile:

That’s totally wrong :slight_smile: It looks nothing like the tutorial I’ve posted on the PRO version.
You need ADD the OneSIgnalPRO A’s PlayerID NOT device, into PID_One_SIgnal and who knows what other errors there are.
This forum is for the free version with community support. If you (as I see) purchased the PRO version, please send a PM for (limited) free support.

2 Likes

I’m having issues with the multipush action for some reason.

What am I doing or formatting wrong?

for starters, not following instructions :slight_smile:
you don’t input the actual playerID, you get them form the database. They need to be in a specific form. There are live apps with workflows created, video/photos of how to do it correctly.
If you go buy the PRO version I can provide limited support.

2 Likes

Nicly done, but I question can i schoose few player id and then send it to them notification?

you can choose whichever PIDs you want to send to. It’s all about how you do your setup.

Hi Mvandrei,
I have set up your pluggin for almost 6 months and every notification was running smoothly, as it should do… untill today!
I have exactly the same error message than the previous post just 2 or 3 posts before this one.
Is there any reason, or other apps that are suddenly meeting the same issue ?
Could you please provide a little help.
Thanks

Okay,
It comes from one step of my workflow that I forgot to delete!
Sorry to disturb!

1 Like

Hi @kelvin.wong,

Does this only work with Super View as opposed to other web view wrappers like WebView Gold?

Hi @mvandrei, superb (and a lot of) work here.

This thread is a bit of mess though in terms of length for newcomers to parse through. I’ve been spending a few days reading this and other related threads and still cannot seem to retrieve the PID.

Is it possible for you (or others who were successful) to bluntly summarize exactly which script works for:
a.) iOS
b.) Android

Also to
c.) Demonstrate proper workflow order
d.) Confirm whether this integration works with other wrappers (like Webview Gold, for instance)

I think that would help a ton of people as there are multiple scripts and suggestions along the way, and not one shining post that says "just follow these simple steps" that cuts through the noise.

Many thanks for your contributions and to others for helping along the way.

1 Like

Hey @marktuff, I only managed to make it work on this Android WebView and this iOS WebView, so I wouldn’t know whether it’d work on another wrapper like WebView Gold. Sorry!

1 Like

Hi @kelvin.wong, thanks!

Has the push held up and continued to work for you? And is the setup you used to create the integration still the same as you used in this post below?

Hi,

The free version is provided AS IS. Can’t offer any support on that, I’m sorry.
For the PRO version I do provide limited support.
I don’t know how other webviews are configured, if they have onesignal integrated or not and if it’s properly integrated…

Hey @marktuff, I discontinued all my Bubble apps over a year ago, and my WebViews are no longer on the Play Store and App Store, so I can’t really check whether the push notifications still work sorry :sweat_smile:

If you share some more info on your set-up, maybe I can take a look and see if I can help in anyway?

I happen to be studying Software Engineering now (with actual code :joy:), so I might be able to figure out something

1 Like

Hi @mvandrei,

Webview Gold does have OneSignal integration, except I have not used it to send any push through bubble though (that’s what I’m trying to figure out). I was able to send mass push through the OneSignal dashboard, and it worked, so I would think it would work through here. I just am not sure if what you built has the same setup for both Superview and Webview Gold.

Ha, congrats @kelvin.wong on working with code now. I’ll stay on this side of the fence, if you don’t mind :laughing:

That might be an offer to take you up on. Let me see where I can get in the next little while, but I really appreciate the offer and might be sending you a DM shortly on it!