Passing a parameter to an API GET call?

Hi Bubblers
Sorry if this is a stupid question but how can I pass a parameter from Bubble to an API Get call?
I know how to pass parameters to a PUT call (set Use as to Action and add in a workflow with a dynamic parameter to set an element’s state) but what about APIs that only allow GETs like this one? How could a user change PS5 to XBOX via an input box or whatever?
Any hints/tips really appreciated…thanks

Your screenshot is fine. Do you have an issue with your call? Are you sure this is parameters and not querystring?

I’ve checked docmntation and you need to set querystring
DElete your parameters and add ?engine=[engine]&q=[query]

Huge thanks for the reply @Jici
Sorry if this is a stupid question but how would I pass the parameters to that call via an input box or whatever?!?
Because it’s a GET call I just use it as a data source for a repeating group (which works fine) but I can’t change the API parameter this way of course…

Sorry. Forget to tell you to add this to the url
/api/v1/search?engine=[engine]&q=[query]
Don’t forget to remove private checkbox so you can dynamically fill this
You can call the API Call with the input field. No issue. Use Input field value in query field of Get data from API Call
Each time this input is updated, this will call and refresh the API result (RG)

Sorry to be a pain @Jici but I’ve tried everything and it’s still not working…how exactly do I do this bit please?
“Use Input field value in query field of Get data from API Call”
Many thanks for your help

Can you share your API connector settings now and share your Get data from API settings?

Is this what you need please @Jici ?!?

Don’t worry thanks @Jici it’s working! Huge thanks for looking at it :slight_smile:

1 Like