PDF Conjurer (updated free plugin, now saving to database)

Hey how is everything. I would like to know if with PDF Merger I can merge a PDF created with the PDF Conjurer and another PDF that I have uploaded to the database? How would you do that? Thanks.

@iscondidodido

Not natively with PDF Conjurer, but I made a free plugin that does. It will work with any PDFs.

Hello how are you?
I don’t know what I can be doing wrong because I put the Merge two pdf’s, I put the name of repeat Group + the field that is saved the pdf I uploaded, but it doesn’t close, much less the download. Do you have any tutorials? Thanks.

@iscondidodido Are you following the instructions listed in the plugin? You need to merge the files in a workflow (on button click, on page load etc.). That will generate the merged file. You can then save or download that file. I have no idea why you would be using a repeating group in this process… it requires file URLs as stated in the plugin. It will only merge PDF files.

Hello how are you? Everything worked. Thanks.

@phrase9 Yes, I could get a DOC Conjurer built :yum: in fact, making new custom plugins is one of my line of services, check my profile to know more about it and see a link to my page :blush:

@Diego @fechab Can you file a bug report here? :blush:
https://unlimitedbubbling.dev/report_a_bug

1 Like

@vini_brito a lot of people have asked me about merging pdf’s… maybe we can sit down over a Zoom/phone call in the future and work out direct integration of my PDF merger into your plugin? The code is pretty simply to be honest and would likely improve your plugin. I’ll still maintain mine for people who just need PDFs merged, but my PDF Merger is open source anyway so there is no reason why we couldn’t build it into PDF Conjurer.

Yeah, definitely, sent you a PM. :blush:

1 Like

Can some please link me to how to insert an image properly? I’ve done it before, but can’t figure it out. I have an s3 link, when ever i insert the image the file will not download, when it is removed, it downloads.

@pete6
Check the example in the first post of the thread and also the instructions below each field inside the workflow action :blush:

Hey @vini_brito, any idea when the new docs will be out?

Hi @vini_brito

I’m using the backend workflow and as far as I can see in the logs, it gets all the way through the entire workflow steps process without errors until the end of the conjure process (I can see the output for the conjure workflow and it looks like it’s doing it correctly?) but then this error comes up in the logs

Any idea what’s causing it?

1 Like

Hi @vini_brito,

First of all thank you so much for your efforts! I’m very happy to have found this solution and that it works so well - kudos to you!

Please forgive me if my question has been answered above, I tried to search multiple times but it does not seem to be in here (or my shortcomings have failed me again).

As for my question, I would like some help with aligning text in a specific cell of a table. To be precise, only the text in the most right columns of a table. I made the screenshot below to make things more clear:

I would like the text in column 5 to be aligned to the right. It seems I can only choose one text-style for all of the headings, which means the text in columns 1-4 will also be aligned to the right. I tried using the BB-code but got stuck with what text exactly I should put in the workflow step.

A work around I thought of was to create the header rows through a multi column like I did for the rows below, but the slight differences in column width are what is stopping me.

I would really appreciate any advice as to how to get this done.

Thanks and cheers,
Lip

@lipshow
About BBCode, try using what the rich text editor outputs for you, as for another alternative, try using the Advanced Table.

1 Like

@equibodyapp
Fix coming soon. :blush:

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response! The advanced table option worked! :tada:

I don’t see any options for the look of the advanced table though is that correct?

All options for it are at “Start advanced table”, “add column” and “end adv table”, plus of course normal text styling. Is there anything you would like to have that is currently not present? :blush:

I see thank you!

I’m also happy you ask - what I would like to see as a style feature for the advanced tables is an option to set borders. The styles currently available for the ‘regular’ table action would be amazing already. Now it seems I cannot avoid having black borders on the (advanced) table. Or am I missing something? :grin:

Thanks again!

You mean “Zebra” etc?

1 Like

Hello @vini_brito ! so nice upgrade of the plugin! I’m trying to use it in backend.

But I have an error, maybe I do something wrong :

Workflow error - Plugin action Conjure PDF error: Error [ERR_REQUIRE_ESM]: Must use import to load ES Module: /var/task/node_modules/node-fetch/src/index.js require() of ES modules is not supported. require() of /var/task/node_modules/node-fetch/src/index.js from /var/task/index.js is an ES module file as it is a .js file whose nearest parent package.json contains “type”: “module” which defines all .js files in that package scope as ES modules. Instead rename /var/task/node_modules/node-fetch/src/index.js to end in .cjs, change the requiring code to use import(), or remove “type”: “module” from /var/task/node_modules/node-fetch/package.json. at Object.Module._extensions…js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1015:13) at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:863:32) at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:708:14) at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:887:19) at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:74:18) at eval (eval at build_function (/var/task/index.js:72:21), :4:19) at /var/task/index.js:335:23 at run_fn (/var/task/u.js:594:18)

I tried with a simple pdf with a line of text

same when directly on a page (not in backend workflow) :

hope you can help !