Plugin Announcement: Rich Text Editor

Has anyone extended the editor to include tags?

2 Likes

@zelus_pudding did you ever manage to implement templating on your own?

@boston85719 did you find a workaround for the character limit?

Would be great to have both in the RTE.

I did not but am considering building a plugin to do this. Just need to find the time

1 Like

Awesome! Would be very popular I’m sure!

Two frustrating bugs:

“This input shouldn’t be empty” doesn’t work - workflows are still allowed to run when the input is empty.

Condition: When this input’s value is valid is “no” - triggers ALWAYS instead of when a button is clicked (like the other inputs)

I want to use this for a messaging feature in my application, and I need to be able to read in real time the value of the RTE. Of course there are plugins like Input Watcher by @eli and others, but those don’t seem compatible with this element.

@allenyang is there a way to read the value of the RTE in real-time to support features like ‘is currently typing’, etc?

Hey Jacob + all - please write in to our Success team at support@bubble.io with your questions! They’re better able to help on a more timely basis.

Hi all - thanks for any help you can provide on what I have below

I’m looking to format an API response within the Rich Text Editor plugin by Bubble by grouping “name” by “section name” marked in the response below:

I’ve made it this far by only getting them in separate lists seen here:
Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 7.27.58 AM

An example of what I’m looking to achieve is this:

I’m experiencing a performance error for large text (~50,000 characters).

This was mentioned last summer as something that was being worked on:

I filed a bug report and was told that this was still an issue the team was looking at but not a priority at this time. I thought ok no big deal… until I remembered what I pay Bubble every month.

Is there any way to fast track or elevate this issue to a higher priority?

Hey! I am having trouble resetting this input since it is inside a Repeating group, is there a way to do this?

I’m noticing text starting to spill over the border in the latest RTE upgrade (2.0.7). Has anyone else experienced this?