[PLUGIN] - Gmail API | Read, Receive and Send Emails

Hey @Makks it is working. Have you tried the demo?
Also I did not understand the question

Is there alternatives to send (gmail but not only) emails?

I stopped when google alerted me.
I’m looking for something that works not only with gmail but other email providers

This is a Gmail integration. It allows you to send emails to anyone, but you will only be able to log with Google account (same as how Gmail works)

Hello, just downloaded the plugin and copied the demo page with workflows to my page. The plugin is not working and when I open the Chrome dev tools is see these messages:

Element Email - Gmail A - Gmail error: the parameter client_id is empty and is mandatory
Element Group Icons - data_source The service Gmail - Get Email by ID just returned an error (HTTP 401). Please contact the plugin author directly for feedback. Raw error:

Also, those messages are displayed after successfully going through the google popup of choosing Gmail account and authorizing access, and page being refreshed.
I added the client id created and secret in the plugin settings page and also added it to the (-dev) inputs as a test, with no luck.

I will say this, I tested it on your plugin page once and it did work, then after purchasing it and not being able to install on my page, I went back to your demo page, and it did not work there as well. Also in a previous forum reply in this thread, you mention documentation, however that link you provided is broken.

Let me know next steps, thanks.

One thing that I was not sure on that I maybe did wrong is in the instructions you mention

“In the Bubble plugin page, place your Client ID & Client Secret (remember to check the checkbox of generic redirect URL).”

What checkbox is that? Dont see it anywhere

In the google dev tools I supplied the page URI and it worked, after making sure I didnt load page in debug mode.

Hello @razvan thanks for reaching out. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Are you able to share the editor to your app?
I can take a look and either fix it or get back at you.
Thanks

Hey @segongora9 does this plugin allow me to connect to multiple Gmail accounts somehow? I want to allow my users to use their own Gmail to send out emails to other people. How do I do this?

i.e. 100 Users have access to my Bubble App. They use my Bubble App to send out emails from their own Gmail account. So my App needs to be able to communicate with 100 Gmail accounts. Is this possible?

Thanks

Hello @manager yes, that’s possible. If you follow correctly the demo we have you should be able to do that without a problem. Just to be extra clear on what you can accomplish:

• User A creates an account within your Bubble app. User A is able to log in to his account in Gmail.

• User B creates an account within your Bubble app. User B is able to log in to his account in Gmail.

User A can’t access User B Gmail account. Theoretically you could have User A have multiple Gmail accounts (that he has ownership) if you do some Bubble tricks and use a list on every field we have in the DB and let User A select what account he wants to see (you can’t see multiple accounts simultaneously)

Hope this is clear enough!

Hello!

I have just subscribed to your plugin but some doc links are broken. Could you update them when you have a chance?

Thanks.

Hello @aymeric.pellan we’ll do asap. Sorry for the inconvenience

Hi @segongora9 ,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Let me know when you will have been able to fix the links.

Thanks!

Does this allow any user to connect to any Gmail account that they own? Whether it’s gmail.com or a custom domain? So, my single Bubble App could have multiple users logged into multiple different gmail.com or domain-specific accounts?

Can a single Bubble user oAuth into multiple Google email accounts?

Thanks,
Al

Hi @ALB - yes, this plugin allows users to connect to a Gmail account they own, wether is gmail.com or another domain.
Yes, it doesn’t need to be specific per app.

You can have @gmail.com, @facebook.com, @bubble.io users in your account without problem

A single user could oauth into multiple accounts (if you store correctly their access tokens)

Great thanks, that’s helpful to know.

Could you do a quick (<5 min) walk-through video (on Loom or something)? Would be great to see someone set this plugin up from start-to-finish. Including setting up the keys on the Google side.

THANK YOU!

Sure, here it is:

2 Likes

Awesome, thank-you. Super helpful to see it.

I noticed in the docs that you can only pull down 500 emails at a time. How might you iterate through an entire mailbox? I’m interested in gathering very limited information about every email in certain folders (mostly Inbox and Sent).

Thanks!
Al

Hi, what scope does this require? I just want to send emails but it seems like this plugin requires using the full gmail scope which requires a security verification process.

Hi, this would be great.

Hey! Nice work! How can I contact you about your other plugin (element (DOM) to image) ?

Hi @kostik.poloskin - please send me a message!